Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes
These vegan gluten free pancakes are so light and fluffy that you'll never even know they're gluten free. Super easy and the best thing for breakfast!
- 1 and ¼ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (170g)
- 3 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Soy Milk (180ml) or other non-dairy milk
- 1 Flax Egg 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Sift the gluten free all purpose flour into a mixing bowl and then add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tablespoons of hot water and letting it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
Add the soy milk in to the mixing bowl along with the flax egg and olive oil and mix into a thick batter. Use a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
Heat a frying pan with some olive oil until hot and then spoon out the batter in roughly ¼ cup measures.
Cook until the edges start to look dry and there are bubbles on top before flipping and cooking on the other side.
Cook until browned on both sides.
- Be careful in measuring your flour. The most accurate method is to weigh it, but if you don't have a food scale (recommended) then use the spoon and level method. Spoon the flour into your measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife. If your batter is too thick then it's likely that you have accidentally used too much flour. Just add a little extra non-dairy milk to compensate so that your batter looks similar to ours (you can see how ours looks in the blog post photos).
- The baking powder amount is not a typo, it is 1 Tablespoon. We use this amount to make the pancakes really fluffy.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.9g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 4.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 281mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 5.3g