Vegan Peppercorn Sauce
This vegan peppercorn sauce is rich and delicious! It's made with coconut cream, brandy and lots of ground black pepper for a truly decadent sauce.
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- ⅓ cup Brandy (80ml)
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock or Broth (240ml)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Cream (240ml) Unsweetened
- 3 tsp Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
Heat a frying pan or skillet on medium heat, add butter and let it melt.
Add crushed garlic and sauté in the butter for a minute.
Add brandy and cook for a minute or two until the alcohol has cooked off and the liquid has slightly reduced.
Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce the liquid.
Add coconut cream, ground black pepper and soy sauce and stir in.
Bring to a simmer and let it simmer, stirring regularly, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
Serve over tofu steaks or vegan mashed potatoes or anything that needs a sauce.
- Brandy. You can use any brandy that you have on hand. It cooks off completely so no one will get tipsy from this sauce. But if you prefer not to use alcohol in cooking then you can leave it out or use extra vegetable stock instead.
- Coconut cream. This should be canned and unsweetened. You can also use coconut milk so long as it is full fat, canned and unsweetened.
- Make ahead. You can make this sauce ahead of time, let it cool and place into the fridge for up to 24 hours and then reheat on the stovetop and serve.
- Storing and freezing. Leftover sauce will keep well in a covered container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 0.4g | Fat: 14.8g | Saturated Fat: 12.8g | Sodium: 412mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1.8g