Make the most delicious homemade cashew butter with this easy 2-ingredient recipe. It's rich and super creamy, and ready in 10 minutes.
- 3 cups Roasted, Salted Cashews (450g)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
Add the roasted, salted cashew nuts to the food processor and process. It will start off crumbly then will start to clump and stick to the sides. Stop the food processor and scrape down the sides and then start it up again.
While the machine is running, pour in the melted coconut oil.
Keep processing until it reaches a smooth, creamy cashew butter consistency.
- If you only have raw cashew nuts then it will be best to roast them first. Place the cashews in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them at 350°F for around 10-12 minutes until nicely roasted. Keep a watch on them so they don't burn. Then add to the food processor and follow the rest of the directions. If you do it this way, you'll need to add in a little salt to taste.
- It is possible to make this without any added oil, but it does tend to take longer.
- Keep it stored in a glass container (covered) in the fridge for 2 weeks or longer.
- This recipe makes around 1 and ½ cups of cashew butter.
- This recipe was first published in November 2017. Now updated with new photos and extra tips.
Serving: 1Tablespoon | Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 2.6g | Sodium: 120mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 0.9g