This hummus recipe is the best ever! It's a slightly spicy take on a classic recipe and will soon become your go-to hummus recipe.
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 15 ounce Can Chickpeas (1 can) Drained
- ⅓ cup Tahini (80g)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 4 Tbsp Cold Water
- ¼ - ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper Optional*
- Sprinkle Paprika
- Olive Oil Extra Virgin, For Drizzling
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Pita Breads
Soak the crushed garlic in the freshly squeezed lemon juice for 5 minutes.
Then add the drained chickpeas to the food processor along with the garlic and lemon juice, tahini and 2 Tbsp of cold water and process until chunky.
Then add in the salt, cumin, olive oil and remaining cold water and process until smooth.
Add the cayenne pepper (optional) and process again until smooth.
- Soaking the garlic in the lemon juice helps to take some of the bite out of the raw garlic.
- Use a good tasting tahini. Soom is a great brand that you can get on Amazon.
- The cayenne pepper is optional. It's a good idea to add in ¼ teaspoon first and then taste test and see if you want to add more. Or leave it out altogether. You can also use cajun spice or chili powder.
- To get your hummus smooth let your food processor run for a good few minutes! If your food processor isn't up to the task of getting it really smooth, then an optional additional step is to move it to your blender for a final blend before serving.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.9g | Protein: 4.5g | Fat: 10.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Sodium: 301mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 1.3g