Vegan Protein Pancakes
These delicious vegan protein pancakes are gluten-free and high in protein for a power breakfast. They're also light and fluffy and super easy!
- 1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour (136g)
- ¼ cup Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Flax Egg 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 cup Soy Milk (240ml) or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the protein powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed to a bowl and adding in 3 Tablespoons Hot Water. Let it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
Add the flax egg, soy milk, vanilla and oil to the mixing bowl and mix into a batter. Use a hand whisk briefly to remove any lumps.
Heat up a frying pan with a little olive oil until hot. Spoon out roughly ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
Cook until the edges start to look dry and bubbles appear on top before flipping and cooking on the other side. Cook until browned on both sides.
- If you want to switch the gluten-free all purpose flour for regular all purpose flour you definitely can.
- We used soy milk as it has a high protein content, but you can definitely switch for a different non-dairy milk if you prefer.
- You can switch olive oil for a different oil if you like. If you use coconut oil then melt it first before adding to the pancake batter.
Serving: 1Pancake | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 116IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1mg