Vegan Pesto Pasta
This vegan pesto pasta with pan-roasted cherry tomatoes is rich, saucy, cheesy and packed with flavor. Ready in 30 minutes or less.
For the Pesto:
- ⅔ cup Pine Nuts (100g)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil (60ml) Extra Virgin
- 10 Green Olives Pitted
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- ⅓ cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes (20g)
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves Packed cup
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves Packed cup
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
For the Pasta:
- 16 ounces Penne Pasta (450g) Dry Weight
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
Put on the pasta to cook according to package instructions.
While that's cooking, place the pine nuts into a pan and lightly roast them at medium to high heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
When the pine nuts are nicely roasted, add them to the food processor along with the olive oil, green olives, garlic, nutritional yeast, basil, baby spinach, salt and pepper and process into a pesto. Taste test and add more salt and/or pepper as preferred.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half (sliced lengthwise) and place them into the pan and lightly roast them for around 5 minutes.
Pour the pesto sauce over the cooked, drained pasta, add the roasted cherry tomatoes and toss together.
- Keep leftovers stored in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Nutritional information is for 1 serve of 6 including everything, pesto sauce, pasta and pan roasted cherry tomatoes.
- This recipe has been updated with new photos, but the recipe itself is unchanged.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 988IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 3mg