Roasted Garlic Hummus
Seriously the BEST roasted garlic hummus. Packed with flavor from two whole heads of roasted garlic, it's insanely delicious and the perfect dip.
- 2 Whole Heads Garlic
- 2 tsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 15 ounce Can Chickpeas Drained, or 1 and ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- ⅓ cup Tahini (80g)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 4 Tbsp Cold Water
Start by roasting the garlic. Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C)
Remove just the outer flaky layers of the two heads of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact. Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove. Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil for each head of garlic and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil. Wrap them up in the tinfoil, place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. When cooked, remove from the tinfoil, allow to cool for a few minutes until they're cool enough to handle and then pop the cloves out into a bowl using your fingers.
Make the hummus. Add the chickpeas, roasted garlic, lemon juice, tahini and 2 Tbsp of the cold water to the food processor. Process until chunky. Now add the salt, cumin, olive oil and remaining 2 Tbsp of cold water and process until smooth and creamy.
Serve topped with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, chopped parsley, sesame seeds and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add raw veggies and pita breads on the side for dipping.
- Tip: Let your food processor run for a few minutes to get your hummus really smooth.
- Storing. Keep leftovers stored in the fridge (covered) for 3-4 days.
- Prep time includes the 35 minutes spent roasting the garlic.
- Nutritional information is for the hummus only and excludes anything you would serve with it.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.2g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 10.8g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 173mg | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 1.7g