Vegan Green Smoothie
This vegan green smoothie tastes so good you can hardly believe that it's loaded with fresh greens! It's the perfect power breakfast to start your day, packed with flavor and nutrition.
- 1 cup Almond Milk (240ml)
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup Optional
- 1 Medium Frozen Banana (100g)
- 3 ⅓ cups Baby Spinach (100g)
- 1 ¼ cups Fresh Mango (200g)
- 1 ¼ cups Fresh Pineapple (200g)
Add all the ingredients to the blender jug starting with almond milk, then almond butter, maple syrup, frozen banana, baby spinach and finally mango and pineapple.
Blend until very smooth.
Pour immediately into glasses and serve.
- Almond milk - can be switched for any non-dairy milk you have on hand.
- Almond butter - can be switched for any nut butter you have on hand.
- Maple syrup - is optional and can be omitted if you prefer.
- Frozen banana - whenever you have ripe bananas on hand, freeze a few of them for smoothies. Just peel them and cut them into pieces and then freeze them in a freezer safe container so that they're ready for smoothies whenever you need them. If you don't have any frozen banana on hand for this smoothie then you can also use fresh banana.
- Baby spinach - is ideal for this smoothie as it is so neutral in flavor, you just don't taste it at all. However, regular spinach is also fine to use.
- Mango and pineapple - we used fresh mango and pineapple but frozen will also work just fine. If you're using frozen mango and pineapple then you may want to use a fresh (not frozen) banana.
- This recipe has been updated with new photos and a slightly updated and improved recipe.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 858mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 5902IU | Vitamin C: 106mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 2mg