This avocado hummus is creamy and smooth and totally delicious. It's super easy to make, highly nutritious and makes a perfect dip or spread!
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 15 ounce Can Chickpeas Drained
- ⅓ cup Tahini (80g)
- 4 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 1 Medium Avocado Peeled and Sliced
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Pita Breads
Squeeze the fresh lemon juice into a bowl. Crush the garlic and add it to the lemon juice. Leave it to soak in the lemon juice for a few minutes.
Add the chickpeas, lemon juice and garlic mix, tahini and 2 Tbsp of the cold water to the food processor and process until chunky.
Add the avocado, salt, cumin, olive oil and remaining 2 Tbsp cold water and process until smooth.
Serve with a sprinkling of black sesame seeds, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh chopped parsley. Add pita breads or tortilla chips for dipping.
- Garlic: Soaking the fresh garlic in freshly squeezed lemon juice takes the bite out of the raw garlic while keeping all the flavor.
- Chickpeas: This recipe uses one 15-ounce (425g) can of chickpeas, drained. If you want to use cooked chickpeas then the amount to use would be 1 and ½ cups cooked chickpeas.
- Avocado: You can use more avocado if you want to. This really tastes like a perfect mix between guacamole and hummus, but if you'd like the flavor to be more guacamole than hummus then you are free to add more avocado.
- The avocado must be perfectly ripe. It should give a little under your fingers when you squeeze it but it should be firm, not hard and not too soft.
- Let the food processor run for a few minutes to get your hummus really smooth.
- Storing: Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge and consumed within 2 days. It is best when fresh.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4.6g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Sodium: 245mg | Fiber: 4.4g | Sugar: 1.8g