Vegan Couscous Salad
Fresh and colorful vegan couscous salad. This super easy salad is ready in 15 minutes and it's filling, satisfying and delicious!
For the Couscous:
- 1 cup Couscous (173g) Dry weight
- 1 cup Boiling Water (240ml)
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper To taste
For the Salad:
- ½ Head Iceberg Lettuce Shredded
- ½ Large Cucumber Chopped
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- 10 Sun Dried Tomatoes Sliced
- 12 Pitted Green Olives Sliced
- 15 ounce Can Whole Kernel Corn Drained
For the Tahini Soy Dressing:
- ¼ cup Tahini (60ml)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp Water to thin it out
- 2 Medium Avocados Sliced
- Fresh Cilantro
Add the couscous to a bowl and then pour the boiling water over it. Cover with a cloth and leave for a few minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and add in the vegan butter and mix in and then add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, olives and sweet corn into a mixing bowl and toss together. Add in the couscous and toss.
Add all the dressing ingredients except the water to a bowl or jug and whisk together. Add in just enough water to get it to the right consistency.
Pour over the dressing and serve with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Sun dried tomatoes in oil are the tastiest for this recipe.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 70.4g | Protein: 14.3g | Fat: 24.6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 630mg | Fiber: 12.9g | Sugar: 11.1g