My brother-in-law officially declared this vegan chocolate ganache pecan nut pie the best dessert he’s ever eaten! Which is high praise considering he’s quite the foodie too!
And really….this dessert is awesome! It’s pure chocolate blissed out heaven.
I really didn’t know what to even call this pie that would adequately put across its deliciousness. Chocolate ganache had to be in there because it IS pure chocolate ganache, but then the pecan nuts make up for a lot of the flavor too.
But I didn’t want to be misleading in the name and pecan pie is a whole other thing, but chocolate nut ganache pie (another option) just wasn’t rolling off the tongue! In the end Jaye insisted that since pecans are a large flavor component in this pie, having them prominently in the title was a must!
So there you go, vegan chocolate ganache pecan nut pie coming right at ya.
Crushed oreos and melted vegan butter form the perfect crumbly, chocolatey base, and chocolate ganache with an ample dose of roasted, salted pecans provide the most beautifully smooth, decadently rich filling. The salty crunch from the nuts provides the perfect foil for the smoothness and creaminess of the chocolate ganache.
Any vegan dark chocolate will do here, I went with Lindt, just read the ingredients to see which ones are vegan, a couple of their dark chocolate slabs are vegan.
And then really this chocolate ganache pie is probably one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make. After you’ve whizzed up the oreos in the food processor, you add vegan butter and whiz it up again. Smooth down into a pie dish and place into the freezer to set a little.
Then you break your chocolate up into pieces, and place it into a deep bowl. Heat up a cup of coconut cream to a simmer and then pour it over the chocolate pieces and allow to sit for a minute or so to give the chocolate a chance to melt. Then whisk it up with a hand whisk into a smooth chocolate sauce. Then add pecan nuts and mix in.
Pour out the chocolate ganache pecan filling over the crushed oreo base and keep it in the refrigerator where it will set like a dream into smoothly delicious chocolatey creamy nutty fabulousness.
It literally took me 20 minutes to make this vegan chocolate ganache pecan pie from start to finish!
Well…not including the chilling time required for the pie to set, but that’s hands off anyway. So 20 minutes of super-fun hands-on involvement and this dessert is done.
This also keeps perfectly in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You will love this chocolate ganache pecan pie for its smoothness, creaminess and rich chocolate flavor with pecan nut crunchiness and saltiness providing contrasts in both flavor and texture. You’ll also love the crumbly oreo crust, and how easy it is to throw this pie together. You don’t even have to bake it!
So what do you think of this gorgeous vegan chocolate ganache pecan pie? Let me know in the comments! And when you make it, rate it and let me know how it went! And please tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram too, I’d LOOOOVE to see it.
- Oreo Crust:
- 24 Oreos
- ¼ cup (56g) Vegan Butter
- Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 3 Slabs Vegan Dark Chocolate (10.5 oz/300g)
- 1 cup (240ml) Coconut Cream
- 6 oz (170g) Pecan Nuts (Roasted and Salted)
- Place the Oreos into your food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and add to the food processor and process again until mixed in thoroughly.
- Pat down into a pie dish and place into the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- Break the 3 slabs of dark chocolate into pieces and place into a bowl.
- Heat the coconut cream to a simmer and then pour it over the chocolate in the bowl, making sure the chocolate is covered.
- Allow to sit for a minute to give the chocolate a chance to melt.
- Then whisk with a hand whisk into a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Add the pecan nuts and mix in.
- Pour the chocolate ganache pecan filling out over the oreo crust and smooth down evenly.
- Move to the refrigerator to chill until it has set completely.