There is nothing that smells better than banana bread when it’s baking!
Even if these vegan banana bread muffins were not delicious (but oh wow they are!), just the smell of them baking would be reason enough to make them.
Your house smells like a dream for a few hours after baking these babies.
And there is nothing better than slathering on some vegan butter and eating them warm from the oven.
We’re big fans of vegan banana bread around these parts, so I knew that vegan banana bread muffins would also be a surefire hit.
And that they were!
I made two batches of these babies when I was testing my recipe, and with 24 banana bread muffins at our place one might’ve thought they might last a few days, but oh no.
They were gone in about 24 hours! Jaye was eating them 3 at a time. Bless that man’s metabolism!
I love them spread with vegan butter but Jaye eats them as is.
I tried making a batch using muffin liners, but I wasn’t a fan. The reason being that when they’re still warm from the oven (which is the best time to tuck in in my view), they’re hard to get out of the liners, half of them gets left behind inside the muffin liner. It’s only once they’re cooled completely that this stops being an issue.
So leaving the muffin liners out of the equation completely solved this problem.
I just sprayed the muffin tray with a non-stick spray first and it worked perfectly.
You will love these vegan banana bread muffins, they are:
- Packed with banana flavor
- Delicious either hot or cold
- Fabulous with butter or just plain
- The best smelling thing you can bake!
They are at their absolute best when fresh, but if you’re going to consume them within a couple of days then just keep them covered at room temperature and they will be just as delicious.
If you want to keep them longer than a couple of days, then put them into the fridge (covered). However, they do harden in the fridge. So the best thing is to heat them for 20-30 seconds in the microwave before eating them if they’ve been kept in the fridge, and this restores them to the perfect softness.
Any questions or comments about these gorgeous vegan banana bread muffins post them down below! And if you make these muffins, pop back and rate the recipe and let us know how they turned out!
And if you’re not already subscribed, then get on our email list! Not only do you get an awesome free ebook with 10 gorgeous recipes, but you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes.
Moist and delicious vegan banana bread muffins. Delicious served either warm from the oven or cold, with lashings of vegan butter or just plain! Have the best smelling house on the block when you make these muffins!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot water and allowing to sit for a minute.
- Peel the bananas and add to a blender along with the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) and the coconut oil. Blend.
- Pour the blended mix over the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Add the flax egg.
- Crush the walnuts by placing into a ziplock bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin to break the walnuts into small pieces. You don’t want them completely crushed, just broken into small pieces.
- Mix the walnuts into the batter.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and then divide the batter evenly across the muffin tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool and serve warm with or without vegan butter.
*For the best most accurate results weigh your flour and your bananas.
*Adapted from our Vegan Banana Bread.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 19.7g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: vegan banana bread muffins