What’s that AMAZING aroma wafting through the house?
Cinnamon and banana and caramelized sugar all mixed in with the smell of baking bread.
Mmmmm! That’ll be banana bread.
There’s nothing quite like a slice of banana bread served hot from the oven with melting vegan butter spread generously on top.
And then there’s nothing quite like it served cold and slathered with vegan butter.
Yeah, for me the vegan butters a non-negotiable, though Jaye loves it plain.
I’m reckoning you’re going to love this vegan banana bread recipe because it’s so easy to throw together.
Next time you have some ripe bananas on hand then hopefully this will be the first thing to come to mind.
This loaf has got it going ON.
It’s sweet enough to be eaten as a dessert but savory enough to eat it for breakfast!
It’s a win/win situation.
Just go ahead and eat it anytime, anywhere, anyhow!
And once you’ve made this recipe – please rate it and leave a comment!
And take a pic while you’re at it, load it onto Instagram and tag it #lovingitvegan too.
Because we LOVE seeing the vegan food porn.Print
Easy Vegan Banana Bread that is moist on the inside, crispy on the outside, and simply fabulous served warm from the oven and spread with vegan butter.
- 2 cups (250g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp (15g) Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp (3g) Cinnamon
- 3 Ripe Bananas (10.5 oz / 300g)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius).
- Sift the flour and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the white and brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to thicken.
- Peel the bananas and add to your blender along with the soy milk and coconut oil and blend.
- Pour the blended mix into the mixing bowl and mix it into a smooth batter. Add the flax egg and mix in.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, pour in the batter and place into the oven to bake for around 60 to 70 minutes.
- It’s ready when you put a toothpick into the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
*Baking time will vary from oven to oven. Mine took the full 70 minutes to be ready, but check it after 60 minutes in case it’s baked a little quicker.
*Nutrition information is an estimate based on 1 slice of 10 without any added vegan butter.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (of 10)
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g