What’s that AMAZING aroma wafting through the house?
Cinnamon and banana and caramelized sugar all mixed in with the smell of baking bread.
Mmmmm! That’ll be banana bread.
There’s nothing quite like a slice of banana bread served hot from the oven with melting vegan butter spread generously on top.
And then there’s nothing quite like it served cold and slathered with vegan butter either.
For me the vegan butter spread on top is a non-negotiable, though Jaye loves it plain.
Next time you have some ripe bananas on hand hopefully this will be the first thing to come to mind because it is so easy to throw together.
It’s sweet enough to be eaten as a dessert but savory enough to have for breakfast!
It’s a win/win situation.
Just go ahead and eat it anytime, anywhere, anyhow!
Ripe spotty bananas are important for this. The reason is that ripe and spotty bananas are the sweetest bananas, and you want your banana bread to have all that lovely sweet banana flavor.
Green bananas are more starch than sugar, so they won’t do the job nearly so well. Ripe and spotty are essential. If your bananas aren’t ready, then wait a day or two, it will be worth the wait!
I definitely recommend you weigh the banana for this because banana sizes are so variable. What I consider a medium banana you might think is a large banana or vice versa! And baking is so precise with measures!
So definitely get out the food scale. Actually, this is always a good idea. Don’t get me started on how tricky flour measures are! Weighing out your flour is another very smart move.
This recipe is super moist yet uses very little oil and this is due to the bananas, which provide so much moisture to the recipe. I used coconut oil, but I imagine vegan butter would work well here too, though I haven’t tried it yet.
Most banana bread recipes mash up the banana, but I thought why not blend it up with the soy milk and coconut oil? So I did! And it worked fabulously well.
I used soy milk in this recipe but I reckon any non-dairy milk would work fine here.
I hope you will love this vegan banana bread! It is:
- Super moist
- Perfectly sweet
Keep covered at room temperature and consume within a few days.
What do you think of this vegan banana bread? Let us know in the comments and please rate the recipe too! Thank you!
For more delicious banana goodies, check out these recipes:
- Vegan Banana Cake with Lemon Frosting
- Vegan Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Vegan Banana Bread Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous (and free!) recipe ebook with 10 great recipes and to stay updated with all the latest recipes posted to the blog.Print
Easy Vegan Banana Bread that is moist on the inside, crispy on the outside, and simply fabulous served warm from the oven and spread with vegan butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius).
- Sift the flour and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the white and brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to thicken.
- Peel the bananas and add to your blender along with the soy milk and coconut oil and blend.
- Pour the blended mix into the mixing bowl and mix it into a smooth batter. Add the flax egg and mix in.
- Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper, pour in the batter and place into the oven to bake for 60 minutes.
- It’s ready when you put a toothpick into the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
*Weigh your bananas and your flour for the most accurate results in this recipe.
*Nutrition information is an estimate based on 1 slice of 10 without any added vegan butter.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (of 10)
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g