When you love hummus as much as I do, then you’re going to want to try all the variations!
This roasted red pepper hummus takes something that is already extremely good and adds something as amazingly delicious as roasted red peppers to it. And you know what happens next right?
We have been eating this hummus non-stop the past few days. We had a test batch and then we made it again for the photoshoot, and I can tell you right now, it’s not enough. I need much much more of this.
This is a case where you’re almost sad when the recipe testing goes well so you don’t have to eat this for weeks on end. Cos really – I want to eat this for weeks on end!
Making this is super easy. I mean making hummus is always super easy, but this version does add in the roasted red pepper component, making it slightly more complicated than a regular hummus, but it’s totally worth it, you won’t mind a bit!
Roasting red peppers is just a case of slicing up your red pepper so that you remove the stems and core and then lying the pieces down skin side up on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake in the oven at 450°F for 25 minutes until the skins are beautifully charred.
Then you bring them out, put them into a bowl, cover the bowl with foil and let the peppers ‘steam’ in the bowl for 15 minutes, this loosens the skins nicely so they slice right off.
Then you add those deliciously fragrant roasted peppers in with all your other hummus-y ingredients to the food processor and process it up into the most delicious hummus ever!
So I am pretty darn certain you are going to LOVE this roasted red pepper hummus! It is:
- Rich in flavor
- A perfect dip!
Serve with chopped veggies and flat breads for a delicious dip, spread it on sandwiches, use it as a salad dressing or just eat it as is! Store leftovers in the fridge and consume within about 3 days.
So what do you think of this roasted red pepper hummus? Tell us in the comments and please rate the recipe too, thanks!
For more hummus recipes, see these awesome options:
Sign up to our email list before you go, you’ll get an awesome recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Creamy, rich roasted red pepper hummus! This deliciously colorful hummus is full of flavor and makes a perfect dip! Gluten-Free.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Slice the red peppers and remove the seeds and core. Place the pieces on a parchment lined baking tray, skin side up.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until the skins are nicely charred.
- Remove from the oven and place into a bowl and cover it with foil. Leave for 15 minutes. This will allow the peppers to steam a bit and the skins to loosen.
- Remove the peppers from the bowl and slice off the skins. Slice off a couple of strips of roasted red pepper to decorate your hummus (optional).
- Add the red peppers to a food processor along with the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic, paprika, salt and cayenne. Process into a smooth hummus.
- Decorate with a couple of strips of roasted red pepper, a sprinkle of paprika and sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with flat breads and fresh chopped vegetables for dipping.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 453mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 6.1g
Keywords: roasted red pepper hummus