I love hummus. Like really truly love it. And I have many versions of this fabulous vegan hummus recipe, because it’s something we eat at least 3 times a week.
This version is perfectly spicy, which, in my terms, means very mildly spicy.
I’m not one for the hot stuff, if you are, feel free to add much more chili spice to this recipe!
Hummus has so many uses. It replaces fatty spreads like butter or margarine on your bread, it’s a fabulous dip, when you stir it in with your veggies or rice, it makes it fabulously creamy, and as a salad dressing it totally rocks.
Jaye uses it with spinach for his creamed spinach dish.
Low fat, high protein, high fiber, super healthy, and absolutely delish.
The benefits of making your own vegan hummus are numerous! First off, you get to be a person who makes their own hummus!
That’s some serious cred right there.
And then, you can make it up exactly as you want it, and the options are many and varied!
Switch up a few ingredients, like add a few olives, use a different spice, throw in a fresh jalapeno, and you have a whole different flavor.
And finally, it’s so frickin’ healthy! Whereas what you buy ready-made in the store, may not be quite as healthy.
So while all hummus is a friend of mine, there is definitely something to be said for the homemade variety.
You will love this spicy vegan hummus for its perfect hint of spiciness, it’s fresh wholesome heartiness, it’s creaminess, richness and overall healthiness!
Serve with pita breads, fresh breads, sliced raw vegetables, or whichever way you fancy it.
And pleaset let us know what you think of this vegan hummus recipe in the comments, and rate the recipe too, thanks!
For more delicious hummus recipes, check out these great options:
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Creamy Avocado Hummus
- Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Chocolate Dessert Hummus
Sign up to our email list while you’re here, you’ll get an awesome free recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Perfectly spiced 8-ingredient vegan hummus that you can whip up in 5 minutes. It’s fresh wholesome, hearty, creamy, rich and high in protein. Gluten-Free.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to a food processor.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce and spices.
- Crush the garlic and add it in.
- Start the food processor and gradually add in the tablespoons of water while it is running, adding just enough to achieve the correct consistency.
- Taste test and if you want more spiciness, add in some more cajun spice or some chili spice.
- Serve with fresh chopped raw vegetables, pita bread or sliced bread.
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan, Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 385mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan hummus, hummus