This vegan vanilla frosting is smooth, creamy and delicious! Easy 4-ingredient recipe, ideal for use on cakes, cupcakes and cookies!
This vegan vanilla frosting is smooth, creamy and delicious.
Ideal for use on cakes, cupcakes and cookies!
Just 4 ingredients, this really couldn’t be simpler and you’ll love how rich it is, even while using a minimal amount of vegan butter.
An electric mixer is required but you can whip this up in 10 minutes from start to finish and get on with the important job of enjoying whatever delicious treat you’ve prepared.
I love this frosting on a vanilla sponge cake. This is exactly the frosting (topped with strawberries) we used on the vanilla cake you see below!
Vanilla on vanilla is rather marvellous I must say! Or mix and match a bit and use it on a fabulous vegan chocolate cake!
But there are other uses!
This frosting is perfect to spread on cakes or cookies, but it is also ideal to pipe onto cupcakes.
The cool thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple and easy to throw together.
And it just works out every time.
Not to mention that it contains simple ingredients. I still haven’t figured out what ‘shortening’ even is, let alone putting it into my frosting recipes!
So if you’re similarly a fan of the simple, then this is for you!
So I think you’re really going to love this vegan vanilla frosting, it’s:
- Deliciously Sweet
- Perfect on cakes, cupcakes or cookies
It’s super sweet of course, but that’s what you want in a frosting isn’t it?
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Red Velvet Cake
- Vegan Blue Velvet Cake
- Key Lime Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Banana Cake
Any comments or questions about this vegan vanilla frosting recipe, post them down below.
And if you make this recipe, let us know how it turned out for you.
And if you haven’t already sign up to our email list! Not only will you get an awesome free ebook containing 10 gorgeous recipes, but you’ll also stay in touch with all the latest recipes posted to the site.
How To Make Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- 3 and 3/4 cups (450g) Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) Soy Milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, half the soy milk and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
- Using your electric mixer, start at low speed, gradually increasing speed. Add the rest of the soy milk in slowly until perfectly smooth and thick.*
- It should be very thick, but still easily spreadable.
- You can switch soy milk for almond milk or another non-dairy milk if you prefer.
- You might not need to use all the soy milk to achieve the desired consistency. Some vegan butters have a higher water content than others and this can make some end up too runny, so only use as much as needed. If it still ends up too thin, add more powdered sugar.