I’m pretty sure I’ve said it before, but I love tofu.
When it’s properly flavored it can be the most delicious thing. And the key to a deliciously flavored tofu is of course the tofu marinade sauce!
So this marinated tofu dish is made with the most delicious marinade sauce.
The hands on time for this recipe is really short, but the overall time isn’t super fast, this is because you ideally want to press the tofu first.
We use a tofu press and it works fantastically well, but if you don’t have one you can press your tofu by standing it on a plate with another plate on top of it and then place something heavy on top like a heavy pot.
And then of course you want to let it sit in that tofu marinade sauce for at least 30 minutes. But your actual hands on time for this recipe is about 20 minutes and that would include making the rice if you’re serving with rice!
Not only do you soak the tofu in the marinade sauce for 30 minutes, but you actually cook it in the marinade sauce as well, so this tofu is all about the flavor!
So I think you’re going to really love this marinated tofu, it is:
- Ultra delicious!
- High in protein
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge and can be enjoyed the next day!
Let me know what you think of this marinated tofu in the comments and please do rate the recipe as well, thanks so much.
For more delicious tofu recipes, we have some fabulous options:
Sign up to our email list and you’ll be the first to know when we post new recipes to the blog, and you’ll also get a gorgeous vegan dinner recipes ebook (entirely free) containing 10 delicious recipes.Print
Ultra delicious marinated tofu perfect for a quick and easy dinner. Easy 10-ingredient recipe, high in protein and super satisfying. Gluten-Free.
- 16oz (~450g) Extra Firm Tofu
For the Tofu Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce*
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil (plus more for frying)
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
For Serving (Optional):
- Chives (Chopped)
- Basmati Rice
- Press the tofu for 20 minutes, ideally using a tofu press but if you don’t have a tofu press then stand the tofu on a plate with another plate on top of it and then place something heavy on top, like a heavy pot.
- Once the tofu is pressed cut it into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the tofu marinade except the cornstarch together and pour over the tofu. Turn over all the blocks of tofu so they have marinade on both sides. Place into the fridge and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add a little sesame oil to a frying pan and then add the tofu, leaving the tofu marinade sauce behind (don’t throw it out, you’re still going to use it). Fry the tofu until golden brown.
- Mix the leftover marinade sauce with the tsp of cornstarch and then pour over the tofu in the frying pan. Fry until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over basmati rice (optional) with some chopped chives for garnish.
*Use a gluten-free soy sauce or switch for tamari if you need this meal to be entirely gluten-free.
*Prep time includes pressing the tofu and leaving it to marinade for 30 minutes, hands on prep time is only around 10 minutes.
*Nutritional information is for tofu only and does not include rice.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 616mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 14.7g
Keywords: marinated tofu, tofu marinade