This vegan carrot soup is so unbelievably good I almost don’t know the right words to describe it!
It’s spicy, it’s creamy, it’s rich, it’s wonderfully satisfying, and all this in an easy to make, super simple recipe.
There’s one ingredient in this soup that surprised me and it was inspired by Pinch of Yum.
The rest of the ingredients are the usual things I would use in a soup, like vegetable stock, coconut milk, onion, garlic, spices, but the ingredient they added was peanut butter. Peanut butter! It’s not something I would have instantly thought of when I thought of carrot soup, but oh my word, this does take it to the next level of delicious.
So peanut butter in a carrot soup is now going to be a thing in my house. I’m wondering if it would be good in a vegan butternut squash soup too? Probably.
It’s not a huge amount that’s used, I just used a 1/3 cup. So the flavor is subtle, but it’s definitely there, and it adds a wonderful richness to an already deliciously rich carrot soup.
The hardest thing about making this soup is chopping the carrots. I used 12 large carrots in this soup and didn’t exactly love chopping them up.
There is something that happens when I chop carrots that causes a few choice expletives to reverberate around the kitchen. Every 4th or 5th piece of newly chopped carrot goes rolling off the chopping board and onto the floor.
Having to pick each one up, rinse it off again and then start again only to have the next 4th or 5th piece go rolling is not my favorite activity. And yes, I’ve watched chefs do it on TV and none of them ever have this happen, so clearly I need to skill up!
I sometimes wonder what the neighbors think with all this loud carrot cursing going on. Frankie and Ernie (the fur kids) are used to me by now and just look over at me as if to say ‘get over yourself.’
You will totally love this vegan carrot soup, it is:
- Perfectly spicy
- Easy to prepare
Keep leftovers in the fridge and enjoy them the next day! I actually think this soup might be even tastier the next day. If that’s possible.
So let me know what you think of this delicious spicy vegan carrot soup! Leave us a comment and please rate the recipe too.
If you love soups, then you’ll most likely also be quite fond of these awesome soups:
- Creamy Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Pinto Bean Soup
- Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegan Tomato Soup
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
Just to name a few!
Definitely also sign up to our email list, you’ll get an awesome free ebook plus you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the site!
Mildly spicy and deliciously rich vegan carrot soup made with coconut milk and red curry paste. Super simple recipe, rich, creamy and satisfying!
- Peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic and add to a pot with the coconut oil and saute until the onions are softened. Then add the red curry paste and saute together.
- Add in the vegetable stock/broth, coconut milk and chopped carrots. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft and cooked (about 25-30 minutes).
- Add the peanut butter and stir it in until well mixed. Then remove the soup from the heat and using an immersion blender blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then add the soup to your blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro.
* Nutritional information is a rough estimate of 1 serve (of 4) without additional toppings.
* Adapted from Pinch of Yum.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 452
- Sugar: 17.3g
- Sodium: 765mg
- Fat: 32.3g
- Saturated Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: vegan carrot soup