These vegan molasses cookies are chewy and wonderfully soft with delicious spices. It will remind you of a ginger cookie, while at the same time being completely different!
They’re super simple to make, don’t require any chilling of dough or any extra steps, so you can have a batch of warm fresh baked cookies in front of you in an easy breezy 30 minutes.
I hope that sounds tempting! Because I’ve just about tempted myself to stop writing this and go whip up another batch right now.
Let’s just say, these cookies were a big hit in our house. I’ll definitely be making these many more times and certainly for Christmas.
The best molasses for vegan molasses cookies
A dark molasses is going to be best for these cookies. It should say unsulphured on the label. Blackstrap molasses may be too strong for these cookies, though I have used it before (in other recipes).
If you don’t have that brand in your country, just use any brand that is dark in color and says ‘unsulphured’ somewhere on the label. It should work fine.
You will love these vegan molasses cookies! They’re:
- Deliciously spiced
- A perfect holiday cookie
- Sooo easy!
Keep them covered at room temperature and enjoy within one week.
Want more vegan cookies?
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Please rate the recipe below and let us know what you think of it!
And sign up to our email list while you’re here, we’ll send you a gorgeous 10-recipe vegan dinner recipes ebook and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.
Vegan molasses cookies that are wonderfully soft and chewy, deliciously spiced with perfect molasses flavor. Super easy recipe and an ideal holiday cookie!
- 3/4 cup (170g) Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cup (150g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Unsulphured Molasses
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 and 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk*
- 1/4 cup (50g) White Sugar (for rolling)
- Add the vegan butter and brown sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and cream them together. Then add the molasses and vanilla and mix them in.
- Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt and mix in with the wet ingredients using a spoon (don’t use the electric mixer for this part) until crumbly.
- Then add in the soy milk, only as much as you need so that the cookies can easily be rolled into balls. If your vegan butter has a higher water content, you might not need all the soy milk. I used all of it, but just know that you only need to use as much as required so that the dough comes together enough that it will easily roll into a balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll the balls in white sugar and place onto a parchment lined baking tray aiming for around 20 cookies. Flatten them with a fork.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and firm up on the baking tray before moving them.
*You can switch soy milk for almond milk if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (of 20)
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.4g
Keywords: vegan molasses cookies