What I love about cookies is that they’re so easy and quick to make.
These vegan chocolate cookies bake in 10 minutes! I mean really!
So if you’re in the mood for a batch of cookies there’s really not a lot standing between you and a tray of warm chocolate cookies straight from the oven complete with melting chocolate.
And what’s better than vegan chocolate cookies? Double chocolate cookies! I couldn’t resist adding chocolate chunks to these cookies. And aside from what’s baked into them, as soon as they came out of the oven, beautifully warm, I placed a few more chocolate chunks right on top.
Because you can’t get too many chocolate chunks in your chocolate cookies.
As you can see from the above, the cookie dough is pretty dry. This is exactly what you want.
The result is a chocolate cookie with the perfect amount of crunch and the perfect amount of softness too.
I found the cookie dough to be so perfect that it just rolled into perfect balls. However, if your dough is a bit sticky, just dust your hands with some cocoa powder, it’ll do the trick perfectly.
These vegan chocolate cookies tick all the boxes, they are:
- Double chocolate
- Both crunchy and soft
- Super easy
- Deliciously satisfying
If you keep them in a covered container, they easily last up to a week!
So let me know your thoughts on these chocolate cookies! And if you have any questions, post them down below.
If you make these cookies, please tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can admire them!
And if you like cookies, then I bet you’ll love these other cookie recipes as well! Check out:
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Easiest Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Shortbread Cookies
- Vegan Thin-Mint Cookies
And heaps more!
And lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to our mailing list – you’ll get an awesome free ebook containing 10 gorgeous recipes, and you’ll keep up to date with all our latest recipes!
- ½ cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- ½ cup (100g) White Sugar
- ½ cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- ⅔ cup (56g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3.5 oz (100g) Vegan Dark Chocolate (chopped into small chunks)*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the vegan butter and brown and white sugar to an electric mixing bowl and cream together. Add the vanilla and mix in.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing in by hand until crumbly.
- Add the 1 Tbsp soy milk or other non-dairy milk and mix into a thick cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix in. Your cookie dough will be very thick, but sticky enough to easily roll into balls.
- Roll into small balls and space evenly on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be firm but the cookies will still be soft in the middle. This is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
- Press in a few more chocolate chunks to the top of the cookies as they come out of the oven if you like (optional).