I love the look of these vegan oatmeal cookies. They have such a wholesome vibe!
I mean they just look like they’re right out of your grandmothers kitchen don’t they?
My grandmother baked the best cookies.
My mother reckons I inherited all my baking skills from my two grandmothers because my mother sure doesn’t like to bake.
These cookies remind me a lot of my grandmother on my father’s side and trips to her little cottage to eat cookies and drink homemade ginger beer.
These vegan oatmeal cookies are as hearty and delicious as they look. Sweetened with brown sugar and packed with rolled oats and dried coconut, there is not much that can beat a good oatmeal cookie!
When first testing these I tried following the method I used for my oatmeal crunchies recipe. But honestly I thought they came out a bit too crunchy.
The oatmeal crunchies are (of course) super crunchy, but they’re also thick squares, whereas these cookies are flatter and thinner so the result was just a little too crunchy.
So I adapted the method and the result was perfection. The perfect amount of crunchiness and softness.
I think you will love these vegan oatmeal cookies. They are:
- Both perfectly soft and crunchy
- Brown sugar sweetened
- Coconut and cinnamon infused
- Super easy
Enjoy with a cup of tea! Keep stored in a sealed container and consume within a few days for the best results.
So….let me know what you think of these vegan oatmeal cookies! If you have any questions or comments post them below.
And if you make this recipe, rate it and let us know how it turned out.
Any pics? Tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram!
And if you love a good cookie recipe, we’ve got more! Check out these for starters:
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Gingersnap Cookies
- Vegan Thin Mint Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- The Easiest Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Small Batch Vegan Shortbread Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Just to name a few!
And do sign up for our mailing list! Not only do you get a free ebook with 10 fabulous recipes, but you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the site.Print
Soft and chewy vegan oatmeal cookies. These super easy cookies are brown sugar sweetened, coconut and cinnamon infused and make a perfect treat or snack.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (144g) Rolled Oats
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (80g) Dried Unsweetened Coconut (dessicated)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Soy Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the rolled oats, flour, coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together and then add the syrup and vanilla.
- Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand. Stirring until the mixture is very crumbly.
- Add the soy milk and mix in. Check if you can roll some of it into a ball – it should be sticky enough to do so. It will still be crumbly and look almost as if it’s still too dry, but when you try and make a ball you’ll find it’s also very sticky. If it’s still too crumbly, add a tiny bit more soy milk until it’s sticky enough to roll into balls. When rolling into balls, you’ll find that you’re more pressing them into balls than rolling, this is fine, press into a ball and then roll a bit to make it nice and round and even.
- Place the rolled balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The edges should be firm and the tops lightly browned. They will be soft but will firm up while cooling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool completely.
*Adapted from my recipe for Oatmeal Crunchies.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 13.2g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.2g