Vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies – it’s all right there in the name isn’t it? All the reasons why you just want to go and make a batch of these fabulous cookies right now!
These cookies are packed with peanut butter flavor, because what’s a peanut butter cookie without some super delish peanut butter flavor!
And then of course I went big with the chocolate chips, actually chocolate chunks!
I packed them full of chocolate chunks because it’s become my preferred thing to do with cookies, chopping up chunks of vegan chocolate and throwing that in to cookie dough creates a tastier cookie in my view rather than using regular chocolate chips but either way will do the job.
These cookies are large and in charge! They’re thick, packed with peanut butter flavor and richness, they have slightly crispy edges, they’re beautifully browned on top, almost a little crumbly, but definitely not too much.
These cookies are based on my crunchy vegan peanut butter cookies recipe and if you happen to have some vegan butter, sugar, peanut butter, all purpose flour, vanilla, salt, baking soda, non dairy milk and vegan chocolate lying around, then you have all you need to throw together a batch of these cookies that will make your cookie dreams come true!
This batch makes 20 large vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Depending on the brand of vegan butter you use and/or the brand of peanut butter you use, how much non dairy milk you add in at the end might be a little flexible.
I used 3 Tablespoons to get my cookie dough to the consistency you see here, you might need to use a tiny bit less. Some brands of peanut butter are oilier/have a higher water content, and the same goes for certain brands of vegan butters, so just bear that in mind. You want the cookie dough to be a consistency that easily rolls into balls but isn’t too wet.
When the cookies come out the oven they will be browned on top but they will look very soft in the middle, this is okay. They will firm up as they cool. Leave them on the baking tray to cool and don’t try to move them until they’ve cooled and firmed up.
When I made my original peanut butter cookie recipe that these are based on, I flattened the cookies out with a fork before baking (and I also rolled the balls in sugar first), I did neither of those things for this batch.
I did test a batch of these cookies rolled in sugar and flattened with a fork and it resulted in an all round (more even) crunchier cookie, so it’s about what you prefer. Both are great in my opinion, so it’s nice to have both options.
You will love these gorgeous vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! They are:
- Crispy on the edges
- Soft in the centers
- Loaded with peanut butter flavor
- Slightly crumbly
- Packed with chocolate chunks
Enjoy with a big glass of non-dairy milk for a delicious treat! These are so filling it’s almost like a meal! Keep them covered at room temperature where they will stay fresh for up to a week!
So what do you think of these vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies? Let us know in the comments and rate the recipe too please! Thank you!
For more gorgeous vegan cookies, take a look at these awesome recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
Sign up to our email list for a free (and awesome!) recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog!
Thick and delicious vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! These rich and decadent vegan cookies are crispy on the edges, soft in the centers and loaded with peanut butter flavor and chocolate chunks.
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (200g) White Sugar
- 1 cup (250g) Smooth Salted Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (188g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 6oz (170g) Vegan Chocolate Chips/Chunks*
- Add the vegan butter and white sugar to an electric mixer and cream them together. Then add in the peanut butter and vanilla and mix together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then add in to the wet ingredients and mix in with a spoon (don’t use the electric mixer for this part) until you reach a thick crumbly dough. If at this stage you are able to mix it into a cookie dough, so what you have is a proper cookie dough instead of a crumbly dough, then you may not need to add any soy milk, but if you have crumbly dough, then you need the soy milk. This usually depends on the moisture content of your brand of vegan butter and/or peanut butter.
- Add in the soy milk, only as much as needed to get to a thick cookie dough (as pictured) that is able to roll into balls.
- Add in your chocolate chips or chunks and mix in.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll into big balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Aim for around 20 cookies from your batch, a couple more or less is fine.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. The middles will still be very soft, this is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool and firm up on the baking sheet before moving them.
*Any good tasting vegan chocolate slabs that you enjoy can be chopped up into chunks and used for this recipe. Otherwise use vegan chocolate chips.
*An alternate baking method is to flatten the balls slightly with a fork, this allows for more even baking which results in a crunchier cookie. The version above results in more crispy edges with a softer center. Both versions are very delicious, so you might want to try both ways! It’s always an option to roll the balls in sugar as well! If you do want to roll them in sugar, around 1/4 cup of sugar (50g) is perfect for rolling.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Large Cookie
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 214mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.5g