Vegan snickerdoodles! They are my new favorite!
So simple, so good and so quick and easy to make!
They are very much like sugar cookies, just dressed up in a lot of cinnamon sugary goodness!
The trick to some good vegan snickerdoodles is that they need to be soft. So you definitely don’t want to bake them too long.
You also want them to be nice and thick, so don’t roll those balls too small. You want nice and thick, pillowy soft snickerdoodles.
So aim for around 20 cookies from your batch. If you get a couple more or a couple less that’s totally okay too.
How to make vegan snickerdoodles
Making these cookies is so quick and easy that once you’ve got the hang of these you’ll never need to buy cookies from the store again!
You just cream together some vegan butter and sugar. Add in some vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
Then in a separate bowl mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter and sugar mix and mix in together (by hand, don’t use the electric mixer for this part).
It will be quite dry and crumbly at this point so now you add in a touch of soy milk (or other non-dairy milk as you like) to get it to perfect dough.
Roll into balls and roll the balls in cinnamon and sugar, bake for 10 minutes and you have perfect vegan snickerdoodles!
Really, if you decide right now you’d like some vegan snickerdoodles and have all the ingredients on hand, you could have a freshly baked batch in front of you in 25 minutes from now! Very tempting isn’t it?
You will love these vegan snickerdoodles! They are:
- Quick and easy
Keep them stored in an airtight container at room temperature where they will stay fresh for up to 7 days.
What do you think of these gorgeous vegan snickerdoodles? Let us know in the comments and please rate the recipe too! Thanks!
For more divine vegan cookies, check out these recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Easiest Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Crunchy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
And heaps more!
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous free recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog!
Soft and pillowy vegan snickerdoodles! These puffy and delicious cinnamon-sugary treats are so quick and easy you’ll want to whip them up every other day!
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 2/3 cup (132g) White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cups (188g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)*
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Add the butter and sugar to an electric mixer and cream them together. Add in the vanilla and apple cider vinegar and mix in.
- Add in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix in by hand (don’t use the electric mixer for this part) until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Then add in the soy milk so that it forms into a proper cookie dough (as pictured).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and then roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and place them onto a parchment lined baking tray. You can sprinkle more of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the balls before they go in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
*If you use a brand of vegan margarine that is very hard i.e. not a spread, then it’s possible that you’ll need to use a bit more non dairy milk, just use as little as possible.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1g