Easy 5-ingredient homemade pumpkin pie spice! Perfect for all your fall baking like cookies, breads, pies, and more!
So I wanted to make all these lovely pumpkin recipes for the fall season and an ingredient I needed was pumpkin pie spice!
So off I went to buy some. And lo and behold, none to be found!
Maybe this spice blend is only found in America? I dunno! But if you’re like me and can’t find it in your supermarket, then maybe you just want to make your own!
Or maybe you just have the ingredients on hand so might as well make your own, rather than traipsing off to spend time and money.
And it’s so easy, why not.
Blend of 5 Spices
This homemade pumpkin pie spice is a blend of 5 spices. There are heaps of pumpkin pie spice recipes available online and they’re mostly the same, some just add in a little something extra like cardamom and some don’t.
I thought it was fine with just the 5 spices:
- Ground ginger
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Simply measure out your spices in a bowl.
- Mix them together.
- Store in an airtight jar and you’ll have pumpkin pie spice for whenever you require it. Like for making that awesome pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving!
Recipes That Use Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Fudge
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- Add ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves to a bowl and mix together.
- Transfer to a jar or container to store.
- Alternatively you can add all the spices to a jar, put on the lid and shake it up to combine all the spices.
- Store your spice in a sealed container or jar and use whenever needed.
- It will keep well for up to 2 years.