Oh wow! Don’t you just love mango?
I think it’s my favorite fruit. Well, I really do loooove fruit, so I have a lot of favorites, but mango is right up there. So juicy and fabulous.
Well, this mango smoothie tastes like the most glorious double-thick, creamy, smooth mango custard you’ve ever imagined.
And it does that with just 2-ingredients and takes just 5-minutes.
And this is very deliberate on my part. I don’t like smoothies that contain everything but the kitchen sink. A smoothie to me is not an attempt to clear out all the fruit leftovers into a big mishmash of flavors.
The fewer ingredients you use, the more the flavors pop!
And the magical smoothie ingredient is frozen banana. It really acts like ice-cream when you use it in smoothies. It becomes quite neutral in flavor once frozen, allowing whatever other fruit you’ve mixed it with to really shine, but providing that wonderfully cold double-thick milkshake kind of texture that is just soooo delicious!
Yeah we photographed these mango smoothies with straws in, but we ate them with spoons. They were just that thick and fabulous.
It’s like pudding! But healthy. That’s a good deal right there.
I think you’re going to fall in love with these mango smoothies! They’re:
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Ultra creamy
And they taste like mango custard, so you just can’t beat that!
I’m not going to give you tips on how to make these last so you can make them now and eat them tomorrow, because I don’t think that works here at all.
Fresh fruit should be eaten promptly because it oxidizes, and this is totally cool because it’s nature’s candy. If it was manmade candy it would be different, but this is the good stuff from nature so make it and eat it within the hour.
I’d love to know what you think of this mango smoothie recipe – let me know in the comments!
For more smoothies, check out these great options:
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Pineapple and Mango Green Smoothie
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
And please do subscribe to our email list for a fabulously free ebook containing 10 gorgeous recipes! And you’ll be able to stay up to date on all the latest recipe postings too, which is only an awesome thing!
- 2 Medium Fresh Mangos
- 1 cup Frozen Mango (200g), if you don't have frozen mango, add an extra fresh mango
- 3 Medium Frozen Bananas (300g) previously peeled, quartered and frozen for at least 12 hours.
- Peel the mangos and slice the flesh into a blender jug, squeezing the pips to get as much juice as possible.
- Add the frozen mango and frozen banana and blend again till smooth.
- Pour out into two glasses and serve right away.
- If your blender is not super powerful then omit the frozen mango and use 3 fresh mangos instead. Blend first and then add the frozen banana.