These vegan carrot cake balls are so yum! They are perfect little bites of deliciousness!
Completely inspired by our chocolate coconut date balls (those, you gotta try!), these are a bit less chewy, a bit more ‘cakey’ and utterly divine.
They’re also raw, gluten-free and all that good stuff, so basically as long as you don’t have a coconut allergy (or date allergy, or you know, carrot allergy), you will love these balls!
This is a simple 5-ingredient recipe that comes together quickly and easily and you keep the balls stored in the freezer, where they stay perfectly biteable, so you can treat yourself anytime!
What can be more ideal?
The recipe makes 24 balls, though as you can see, I didn’t exactly manage to make them an even size! Usually if I want things to be nicely ‘uniform’ I ask Jaye to do it (he loves chopping perfectly even veg too, I am very lucky! ), otherwise it’s a bit higgledy piggledy when I do it, but nevermind – tastes great!
These carrot cake balls are worthy of all the love! They are:
- Perfectly bite sized!
- Super easy!
- Raw Vegan
All this, and they’re reminiscent of carrot cake, without having to switch your oven on! That is good stuff.
So what do you think of these carrot cake balls? Planning to make them! Oh I hope so! And when you do, please rate the recipe and let us know how they worked out!
For more easy and delicious no-bake desserts, check out these great options:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares
- Chocolate Mint Crunch Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Cups
- Top Deck N0-Bake Brownies
Subscribe to our email list for a free recipe ebook (yay!) and to stay updated with all our latest (and greatest!) recipes!Print
Perfectly bite-sized carrot cake balls. This easy 5-ingredient recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free and makes a perfect snack or dessert.
- 4 Large Carrots (~11.5oz / 326g shredded)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (120g) Dried (Dessicated) Coconut (plus more for rolling)
- 1 cup (90g) Coconut Flour
- 10 Large Medjool Dates (about 1 cup, pitted)
- 3/4 – 1 cup (180ml to 240ml) Golden Syrup or Maple Syrup*
- Shred the carrots and then transfer them to a bowl. Add the dried (dessicated) coconut and the coconut flour and mix in well.
- Transfer around half of this mixture to the food processor and then add the dates. If your food processor is smaller, you might need to use less than half, you want to be able to easily fit it in with the dates so that you can mix the dates in with it. Process until the dates are very well mixed in.
- Then transfer the mix with the dates back to the bowl with the remaining half of the shredded carrot, dried coconut and coconut flour and mix it all in together.
- Add in 3/4 of a cup of syrup and mix very well. It should hold together when you try to roll it into a ball. If it does not, then add the remaining 1/4 cup of syrup and mix very well again.
- Roll into balls and then roll the balls in more dried (dessicated) coconut and place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- Keep the balls in the freezer and serve them directly from the freezer.
*I used a whole cup of syrup in these balls, but I used golden syrup and not maple. Golden syrup is much thicker than maple, so if you use maple syrup, you may well need less, so that’s why you should start with 3/4 cup of syrup.
*For this recipe to be raw vegan, maple syrup should be used rather than golden syrup.
*Nutritional information assumes a full cup of maple syrup used.
- Serving Size: 1 Ball (of 24)
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 15.8g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1.1g