These vegan Oreo truffles are perfect bite sized treats smothered in vegan chocolate. Easy to make with only 4 simple ingredients.
These Oreo truffles are so perfectly truffle-y (that’s definitely a word) and this super easy 4-ingredient recipe really delivers the goods!
The truffle center is made from vegan cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies that are then smothered in chocolate and bingo bango there you have it!
The most delicious truffle-y truffles!
The center is perfectly textured and the addition of vegan cream cheese keeps it from being too sweet (not that that’s really a thing, not for me anyway) and also holds it together perfectly.
I tried this with some whipped coconut cream as well, just to see if that would also work, for people who can’t get hold of vegan cream cheese, but sadly it did not work. It’s cream cheese or nothing for these truffles.
Ingredients For Vegan Oreo Balls:
- Oreo cookies – we use whole Oreo cookies in this recipe, there is no need to remove the white centers. You can also switch this for other vegan chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Vegan cream cheese – we have tried this recipe with Violife vegan cream cheese and Tofutti cream cheese and both options worked great.
- Vegan chocolate – you can melt down any high quality vegan chocolate or use vegan chocolate chips instead.
- Coconut oil – this simply thins out the vegan chocolate a little making it easier to dip the Oreo balls.
How To Make Vegan Oreo Truffles
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Crumble the Oreo cookies in the food processor.
- Mix the cookie crumbs and vegan cream cheese in a bowl.
- Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined tray. Place into the freezer to set.
- Add vegan chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted.
- Roll the balls in melted vegan chocolate and place them back onto your parchment lined tray.
- Then you just do decorative chocolate drizzles over the top, place the tray in the fridge to set and there you have it. Perfect truffles.
Soften the cream cheese. If your vegan cream cheese is quite solid then give it a quick whirl in the food processor or stand mixer to soften it before you add it in with the Oreo cookie crumbs. If it is too firm then it will be difficult to mix it in.
Make them gluten free. If you would like to make a gluten free version of these Oreo truffles then you can use gluten free Oreo cookies or another gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie of your choice.
Storing and Freezing
Keep them stored in the fridge and enjoy within a week. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
More Vegan Desserts
- Easy No Bake Vegan Truffles
- Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Coconut Snowballs
- Vegan Energy Balls
- Vegan Peppermint Patties
- Vegan Peppermint Bark
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Oreo Truffles
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese (226g)
- 14 ounces Vegan Chocolate (400g) or 2 ¼ cups Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- Place the Oreo cookies into the food processor and process until completely crumbled.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl and add in softened vegan cream cheese. If your cream cheese is quite solid, then soften it first by processing it for a few seconds in the food processor or in the stand mixer.
- Mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs together very well.
- Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Place the tray into the freezer for the balls to firm up.
- When the balls are completely firm and solid, melt your chocolate.
- Break up your vegan chocolate and add to a microwave safe bowl with the coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted and smooth.
- Using two teaspoons, take 1 ball at a time and dip it into the chocolate, using the two spoons to manoeuvre it and lift it out of the chocolate again when completely covered.
- Transfer the chocolate covered balls back to the parchment lined tray.
- When all the balls are covered in chocolate, use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the balls.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- Make them gluten free. If you would like to make a gluten free version of these Oreo truffles then you can use gluten free Oreo cookies or another gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie of your choice.
- Prep time – excludes the time spent setting in the freezer and fridge.
- Storing: Keep them stored in the fridge and enjoy within a week. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.