These vegan oreo truffles are perfect bite sized treats smothered in vegan chocolate. Easy to make with only 3 ingredients.
These oreo truffles are so perfectly truffle-y (that’s definitely a word) and this super easy 3-ingredient recipe really delivers the goods!
The truffle center is made from vegan cream cheese and crushed oreos that are then smothered in chocolate and bingo bango there you have it!
The most delicious truffle-y truffles!
The center is perfectly textured and the addition of vegan cream cheese keeps it from being too sweet (not that that’s really a thing, not for me anyway, but I’m saying this for you, cos I’m awesome and selfless like that…) and also holds it together perfectly.
I tried this with some whipped coconut cream as well, just to see if that would also work, for people who can’t get hold of vegan cream cheese, but sadly it did not work. It’s cream cheese or nothing for these truffles.
I used Violife cream cheese which worked great but Tofutti would also work great.
As long as it’s cream cheese and it’s vegan, it will be great for this.
How To Make Vegan Oreo Truffles
- Crumble the oreo cookies in the food processor.
- Mix up with the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined tray. Place into the freezer to set.
- Roll the balls in melted vegan chocolate!
Then you just do decorative chocolate drizzles over the top, place the tray in the fridge to set and there you have it. Perfect truffles.
Storing and Freezing
Keep them stored in the fridge and enjoy within a week. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
More Vegan Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Coconut Truffles
- Easy No-Bake Vegan Truffles
- Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Coconut Snowballs
- Vegan Energy Balls
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Oreo Truffles
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese (226g)
- 14 ounces Vegan Chocolate (400g) or Chocolate Chips
- Place the oreos into the food processor and process until completely crumbled.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl and add in softened vegan cream cheese. If your cream cheese is quite solid, then soften it first by processing it for a few seconds in the food processor.
- Mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs together very well.
- Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Place the tray into the freezer for the balls to firm up.
- When the balls are completely firm and solid, melt your chocolate.
- Break up your vegan chocolate and add to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted and smooth.
- If your chocolate is very thick (depends on the brand of chocolate you use) thin it out by adding in a little coconut oil so that it’s easier to work with.
- Using two teaspoons, take 1 ball at a time and dip it into the chocolate, using the two spoons to manoeuvre it and lift it out of the chocolate again when completely covered.
- Transfer the chocolate covered balls back to the parchment lined tray.
- When all the balls are covered in chocolate, use the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the balls.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- Prep time excludes the time spent setting in the freezer and fridge.