Who loves peanut butter and chocolate? Me Me Me! And most likely you too. Am I right?
If so, then you’re just going to love me for this recipe (send gifts! ).
Vegan peanut butter balls are it! Smothered in vegan chocolate and then sprinkled with crushed peanuts, they are perfect mouthfuls of delish.
For a moment I was a little bit concerned that I may be going overboard with this recipe. I mean vegan whipped cream AND peanut butter?
But then I had to laugh, because really the words ‘going overboard’ and ‘confectionary’ have no relation to each other. Like what’s that?
I was pretty excited at the idea of having these in the fridge for occasional snack attacks – that is of course until I noticed that Jaye was eating them at a rate of roughly 4 per hour, then I realized they were not going to be around that long!
Made with peanut butter, vegan whipped cream (I used whipped coconut cream, but you can really use any vegan whipped cream) and powdered sugar, rolled into balls, frozen and then dipped in melted vegan chocolate, these vegan peanut butter balls make a fabulous sweet snack or dessert.
Making these vegan peanut butter balls is really easy, the only tricky part is making sure the mix is not too wet. If you make it too wet, you won’t be able to roll it into balls. So err on the side of caution here, too dry is easily fixed, too wet and it’s a flop! Well you can try and fix it by adding in heaps more powdered sugar, but you don’t want to go that route, so the trick is to add in the vegan whipped cream slowly.
As soon as the peanut butter and powdered sugar goes from crumbles to mixed in (even while still very dry looking – as in our picture above), it’s likely good enough. Test a bit of the dough to see if you can roll it into a ball. If you can, you’re good to go.
The addition of the vegan whipped cream adds a lovely extra layer of flavor to these vegan peanut butter balls even though only 1/3 cup is used. So it’s great to make these if you have some leftover vegan whipped cream going and want to use it up!
So I hope you’re going to love these vegan peanut butter balls! They are:
- Smothered in vegan chocolate!
- Insanely delicious!
- Packed with peanut butter flavor
- Super easy!
Keep them stored in the fridge and enjoy whenever you want a sweet treat!
So let us know what you think of these vegan peanut butter balls in the comments and please rate the recipe too!
For more delicious vegan peanut butter desserts, check out these great recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Also, sign up to our email list, for a an awesome free recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest posts.
Gorgeous 5-ingredient no-bake vegan peanut butter balls smothered in vegan chocolate. Ideal as a sweet snack or dessert. Gluten-Free.
- 1 cup (250g) Smooth Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Vegan Whipped Cream*
- 2 cups (240g) Powdered Sugar
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
For Decoration (Optional):
- Crushed Peanuts
- Add the peanut butter and powdered sugar to the mixing bowl and with the electric mixer on low speed mix it in. It will be crumbly.
- Slowly add the vegan whipped cream until you achieve a thick consistency that you can easily roll into balls. You may not need to add all your whipped cream, it depends on the kind of peanut butter you’re using, so go slow when you add in the whipped cream.
- When your peanut butter mix is ready, cover a tray with parchment paper and roll the peanut butter mix into balls – aim to get 20 balls – and place the tray into the freezer for a couple of hours until the balls have set solidly.
- Break up the vegan chocolate and place into a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30-second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until your chocolate is melted. Add in the coconut oil and stir it in (makes the chocolate a little thinner and easier to work with).
- Place each ball in the melted chocolate and use two teaspoons to cover it in chocolate and then lift it out and place it back onto the parchment lined baking tray. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts (optional).
- When all the balls are covered in chocolate, place in the fridge for around 10 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Keep the balls stored in the fridge and serve directly from the fridge.
*You can use any vegan whipped cream here, I used coconut whipped cream, but you can use any variety at all, so long as it’s whipped.
*Prep time does not include time spent setting in the freezer/fridge.
*This recipe has been updated with new photos.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Ball
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 15.6g
- Sodium: 55mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: vegan peanut butter balls