You guys, I am just delighted with this vegan chocolate peppermint fudge!
I mean, the fact that it’s peppermint already tells half the story, cos peppermint is super awesome, but then add the words ‘chocolate’ and ‘fudge’ and there’s a whole other level of excitement brewing!
Ever since I made these Jaye has been making regular trips to the fridge to snack on them. They are soooo good.
The recipe is based on my chocolate peanut butter fudge but uses cashew butter instead of peanut butter and adds in a bit of peppermint and voila!
Cashew butter is perfect for this as it’s quite neutral in flavor so it doesn’t compete with the peppermint and chocolate flavors but just blends beautifully and creates a wonderful texture.
And of course you can’t beat the crushed peppermint candy canes on top!
Although….. you do have to watch your teeth with that hard candy! I’m a big fan of hard candy but Jaye not so much, so he was scraping his candy canes off the top of his fudge before eating it.
It looks super pretty but if you have sensitive teeth/don’t like hard candy, you can also just leave it off.
This recipe is sooo easy, so it’s perfect for holidays when you’re busy with friends and family, but still want to whip up some treats.
It’s just 3-ingredients (plus crushed candy canes) and super quick to make.
The best thing is that the fudge has this sort of praline thing going for it – the cashew nut butter isn’t entirely smooth – so there are these pretty little pieces of cashew that don’t mix properly and show up in the chocolate. So it’s smooth fudge, but also not, more like praline.
So I think you and this vegan chocolate peppermint fudge are going to be very good friends! It is:
- Super easy
- Crazy delicious
- Peppermint flavored
Keep the fudge in the fridge so it stays nicely set and serve cold directly from the fridge. The chocolate isn’t tempered once it’s been melted down and reset so it melts a bit on your fingers as you eat it, all part of the fun!
So how do you like this vegan chocolate peppermint fudge? Let us know in the comments! And if you make the recipe please rate it and let us know how it worked out for you.
For more delicious fudge recipes, check out these options:
- Vegan Fudge (with Homemade Condensed Milk)
- Vegan Chocolate Fudge (also with Homemade Condensed Milk)
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge (super easy!)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge
Be sure to sign up for our email list, you’ll get an awesome free ebook, and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes!Print
Super easy 3-ingredient vegan chocolate peppermint fudge topped with crushed peppermint candy canes. Creamy and crazy delicious and ideal for the holidays!
- Add the cashew butter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and add to the bowl on top of the cashew butter.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until the chocolate and cashew butter is melted and well mixed together.
- Add the peppermint extract and stir in.
- Transfer to a parchment lined square dish and smooth down.
- Add crushed candy canes to the top.
- Refrigerate until set.
- When set lift the whole block of fudge out by lifting the parchment paper. Cut into squares.
- Keep stored in the fridge and serve cold directly from the fridge.
*I used a 9×9 inch square dish, but any square dish would work, it might just change the thickness of the fudge or how many squares you get out of it.
*I used slabs of regular dark chocolate that happen to be vegan for this recipe. It needs to be a sweet variety of vegan chocolate, a bitter dark chocolate wouldn’t work for this. Vegan chocolate chips would also work fine, but it’s not what I used here.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Square (of 20)
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 5.7g