Who doesn’t love the smell of pancakes in the morning?
These vegan coconut pancakes are deliciously fluffy, light, mildly sweet and just ideal topped with some coconut flakes and maple syrup.
They are also so easy to whip up.
The only way this flops (and really, it’s only the first one that flops), is if your frying pan isn’t hot enough to start with.
When that happens your first pancake absorbs too much of the oil it’s supposed to cook in and gets a little crispy.
Still entirely edible, and really that’s about as much of a flop as you can have with these.
And you’ll love the gorgeous color of these pancakes! They are very light colored due to the coconut milk used in this recipe.
The coconut flavor comes from coconut milk, coconut sugar and a tiny bit of coconut extract. If you don’t have coconut extract, you can omit this altogether, but it does add a little something something if you happen to have some on hand.
Double up the recipe if you’re really hungry or if you have a few people over, as the batch only makes 8 pancakes.
What you’ll love about these vegan coconut pancakes pancakes is how hearty, fluffy and wholesome they are.
As well as how fabulously the coconut flavor comes through.
So…..vegan coconut pancakes on the menu for breakfast tomorrow? Let us know in the comments! And please do rate the recipe too, thanks so much.
For more delicious vegan pancake recipes, check out these awesome recipes:
- Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous 10-recipe ebook containing vegan dinner recipes and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.
Deliciously simple vegan coconut pancakes, light and fluffy and perfect for breakfast topped with coconut flakes and maple syrup.
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Coconut Milk*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Coconut Extract (Optional)
- Coconut Oil (For Frying)
- Coconut Flakes
- Maple Syrup
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, water, vanilla extract and coconut extract and whisk with a hand whisk to get rid of any large lumps.
- Heat a frying pan with a little coconut oil and when the pan is very hot, add roughly a quarter cup of batter to the pan.
- Flip at the point when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Cook on the other side until both sides are properly browned.
- Top with coconut flakes, maple syrup, fresh fruit or any other toppings of your choice.
*I used full fat canned coconut milk.
*Nutritional information is based on 1 pancake of 8 without additional toppings.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 pancake (of 8)
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 262mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: vegan coconut pancakes