What’s for breakfast Christmas morning? Gluten-free vanilla protein pancakes.
There’s banana in them too, but the title just couldn’t be that long.
Super easy, delicious and healthy, they make a gorgeous meal served with sliced banana, melting vegan butter and drizzled with syrup.
It’s a happy morning when these are on the breakfast table.
There’s a lot of gorgeous flavors going on in these pancakes.
Cinnamon, vanilla and banana.
And they’re high in protein due to the scoop of vanilla protein powder included in the mix.
Each pancake is around 5g of protein, and this recipe makes around 7 small pancakes.
Double the mix if you have a few people coming for breakfast.
You will love the mix of flavors in these pancakes.
You will love that they are light and fluffy, golden brown and gorgeous.
Not to mention that they’re ready in 30 minutes or less!
So leave us a comment and let us know what you think of this recipe!
Rate it (if you’ve made it) and let us know how it turned out.
Why not snap a pic too and tag it #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss out on seeing it!
We love seeing our recipes getting made, that is the purpose of this blog after all! Sharing the vegan love!
Vanilla protein pancakes that are golden brown, light, fluffy and delicious! Whip up this batch of pancakes in 30 minutes or less from start to finish. Gluten-Free and Vegan!
- Sift the flour and mix in the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the almond milk (or any non-dairy milk), vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal to a bowl and adding in 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute before adding to the mixing bowl.
- Mash up the banana and add to the mixing bowl.
- Whisk up your pancake mix briefly using a hand whisk until there are no more lumps.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little coconut oil until hot.
- Pour in just enough batter to make one small pancake.
- You’ll see that you need to flip it over each side quite a few times, because the outside will cook quickly but when you press down on the pancake with your spatula, uncooked batter will leak out from the middle. So keep flipping so that they don’t burn, but cook enough that when you press down hard on them, there is no squishiness.
- Repeat until your batter runs out.
- Serve with vegan butter, syrup and sliced banana.
- Makes 6-7 pancakes depending on the size.
*Recipe adapted from Muscle and Fitness
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (of 7)
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 397mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 5g