These vegan pancakes are light fluffy and utterly perfect!
They are also just so easy. If you ever thought you needed eggs and dairy to make good pancakes then this recipe is here to throw all that out the water.
Light and perfectly fluffy, deliciously satisfying, and with just the right amount of sweet.
Fabulous served with melted butter and lots of syrup, of course, but something a little more weird that I like with pancakes is actually to serve them with some jam and vegan whipped cream too.
Some fresh fruit on the side is also a winner. Or how about all of the choices!
This recipe makes around 8 pancakes, depending on the size that you make them. So if you’re serving more people, it’s easy enough to do a double batch.
I used soy milk in the recipe, but you can easily substitute this for almond milk or another non-dairy milk as you prefer.
I used regular granulated white sugar, but I imagine coconut sugar would also be great, though I haven’t tried it this way.
Our egg replacer in this recipe is a ‘flax egg‘. I don’t always use egg replacers actually, in my recipe for vegan waffles, there is no egg replacer in sight! But I find the flax egg works really nicely in this recipe. And flax is a good addition a lot of the time, it adds a great wholesomeness to these pancakes.
Coconut oil provides the perfect level of moistness, but only a little is needed.
I really think you will love these vegan pancakes! They are:
- Light and Fluffy
- Perfectly Sweet
- Ideal for Breakfast
- Super Easy
Enjoy with vegan butter, lots of syrup and fresh fruit or jam and vegan whipped cream, whatever floats your boat!
So let us know what you think of this recipe for vegan pancakes! Leave us a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much.
For more delicious breakfast goodies, check out these great options:
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Blueberry Waffles
- Vegan Raisin Bran Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Protein Pancakes
And loads more! Search our ‘breakfast‘ section for lots more breakfast options!
Sign up to our email list while you’re here!
You’ll get an awesome free recipe ebook (with 10 fabulous vegan dinner recipes) and you’ll be the first to know whenever we post a new recipe to the blog.Print
Light, fluffy and perfect vegan pancakes. These perfectly sweet 7-ingredient pancakes are super easy, ideal for breakfast and amazingly delicious topped with vegan butter and lots of syrup!
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute or so to thicken.
- Add the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk), flax egg and coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Heat up a pan and grease lightly with a little coconut oil.
- The pan should be very hot, but not smoking, before you pour in your first batch of batter.
- Add batter to the pan in roughly 1/4 cup measures.
- You will see small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the edges will dry, that is when it’s time to flip over onto the other side.
- Cook until nicely browned on both sides.
*Weigh your flour for the most accurate results.
*Nutritional estimate is based on 1 pancake (of 8) without vegan butter or syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (of 8)
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 281mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g