You know the coolest thing about making your own vegan desserts is you don’t have to worry about what’s available in the shops (as long as you can get ingredients of course).
One thing that was bothering me was the shortage of vegan chocolates in the stores.
Well – put it this way – there’s barely any around these parts.
It’s mostly just the ‘accidentally vegan’ dark chocolate around. But what if you want fruit and nut? What if you want a nice vegan crunch bar? What then?
Well – what then is you make it yourself! And it’s nicer than any you can buy. Really. Cos you can load up those fruit and nut fillings just the way you want it!
So rather than keep lamenting the fact that plain dark chocolate is all I can buy, I made this heavenly vegan fruit and nut chocolate bark.
Wow. Just wow.
And guess what? Just 3-Ingredients! Woohoo, now that’s what I’m talking about!
I went with mixed salted nuts and raisins and then I used slabs of Lindt dark chocolate.
The mix of salty from the salty nuts with the sweetness of the chocolate and the raisins I found heavenly!
However, if you don’t want to mix your salty and sweet, you can use unsalted nuts, you’ll get the crunch without the saltiness.
Another awesome thing about this recipe? It only takes 15 minutes to throw together.
Let me just say – the end result is RICH. You end up only needing to have a really small piece. And I’m not usually a person who says things like that, so you must know, really rich.
Of course, I didn’t skimp on the nuts – well, why would I? So that accounts for some of that richness.
You will LOVE this gorgeous vegan fruit and nut chocolate bark, it’s rich, crunchy, salty and sweet, just 3 ingredients and only takes 15 minutes to prepare! Get ready to be blown away by sheer deliciousness!
Any comments, questions? Post them in the comments section down below. We love hearing your thoughts! If you happen to make this, take a photo and tag it #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss seeing it! Enjoy!
- 5 Slabs (18oz/500g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup (150g) Raisins
- 1 cup (150g) Mixed Nuts (Roasted and Salted)
- Break up the dark chocolate and melt it by placing a heat proof bowl on top of a pot containing a little boiling water.
- Alternatively you can melt it in the microwave by microwaving for 30 seconds at a time and then taking it out to stir, and repeating until the chocolate is completely melted.
- When the chocolate is melted, throw in roughly two thirds of the mixed nuts and raisins and mix together.
- Pour the mix out onto a parchment lined baking tray, and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixed nuts and raisins on top.
- Place into the fridge and allow to set for about an hour.
- Break it up into pieces.
- Keep it refrigerated as it is prone to melting.