This hearty vegan lentil curry is the perfect weeknight meal.
It’s wholesome, super delicious and high in protein and fiber. All that good stuff.
It’s super easy and pretty quick too, and you can have dinner on the table in less than an hour with this meal.
If you have leftovers, you’ll be happy too because leftovers are divine for lunch the next day.
And making this is a walk in the park.
Even if you find cooking a bit of a challenge this recipe will be easy for you. It’s super forgiving and even if you make a few mistakes, it’ll be okay!
How to make vegan lentil curry
Fry up some onions and garlic with some olive oil and spices, then add dried lentils and toss them up with the onions and spices.
Then you add a couple of cans of chopped tomatoes and some vegetable stock along with a can of coconut cream and let it simmer until the lentils are soft and cooked.
Then you add in some fresh basil until just wilted, some coconut sugar for flavor balance and salt and pepper as needed and you’re ready to go.
How to serve your lentil curry
Serve with or without basmati rice, as you like it! I’m a fan of the rice, so rice it is for me. Cauliflower rice would be great with this too.
Some fresh basil leaves and slices of fresh lime are also great to serve with this.
This recipe easily serves 6 for a filling and delicious meal.
It keeps extremely well so you can have leftovers in the fridge for a few days and reheat them as you like.
I really think you are going to love this vegan lentil curry and it will likely be on regular rotation in your kitchen soon! It’s:
- Filling and Satisfying
- High in protein and fiber
- Naturally gluten-free
Keep leftovers in the fridge and reheat as needed. Leftovers keep very well for 4-5 days in the fridge.
More vegan lentil recipes
Our vegan lentil soup is an ultra simple 6-ingredient recipe that is so creamy you will wonder if there is actually cream in it, but there isn’t!
Our creamy coconut red lentil dal is ready in around 35 minutes and super delicious and satisfying.
Our vegan bolognese sauce is made with lentils, walnuts, tofu and mushrooms and makes the most divine bolognese!
When you want to feed a crowd, then you need our vegan pasta bake, with lentils in the sauce, and our vegan sweet potato curry uses lentils along with sweet potatoes to create a super delicious curry.
Let us know in the comments what you think of this vegan lentil curry and please rate the recipe too. Thanks.
For more delicious vegan recipes straight to your inbox sign up to our email list. We’ll also send you an awesome free recipe ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes.Print
This creamy vegan lentil curry makes a perfect weeknight meal. It’s super easy to make, hearty and filling, and high in protein and fiber. Gluten-free.
For the Lentil Curry:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) Dried Brown Lentils
- 2 14oz (400ml) Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 cups (720ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream
- 2 cups Fresh Basil*
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Basmati Rice (or sub Cauliflower Rice)
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Lime
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the onion, crushed garlic, curry powder, cumin, coriander powder, turmeric and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the dried lentils and toss them with the onions and spices.
- Add the cans of chopped tomato, the vegetable stock and the coconut cream. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are soft and cooked – around 35-40 minutes.
- When the lentils are cooked add in the fresh basil and stir in until just wilted. Add the coconut sugar and stir in. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice, fresh basil and some slices of fresh lime.
*Nutritional information is for the lentil curry only and does not include rice.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 625mg
- Fat: 19.9g
- Saturated Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 18.5g
- Protein: 15.9g
Keywords: vegan lentil curry