These vegan pumpkin cookies were such a success I was actually shocked!
I had been trying ALL day to make some vegan pumpkin oatmeal cookies, but really could not get it right (will have to circle back to that one day!).
But I was determined to put together a winning recipe for pumpkin cookies and I was just not going to call it a day until I did!
And then it suddenly occurred to me, well why don’t I just try some straight up pumpkin cookies and forget the oatmeal part altogether?
And that’s when these happened. It was about 11pm by that time and I have never been so happy to succeed at a cookie!
These pumpkin cookies are super simple, similar to a sugar cookie but even softer!
They are super soft and melt in your mouth and they are topped with a delicious maple glaze.
The delicious pumpkin flavor comes from pumpkin purée, cinnamon and nutmeg.
I used a mix of white and brown sugar in these cookies so that they have a lovely light texture but plenty of flavor.
The maple glaze is a mix of powdered sugar, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla. It has the perfect flavor blend for these cookies and you’re going to find it very hard not to eat the whole tray!
You will love these vegan pumpkin cookies, they are:
- Soft and deliciously textured
- Packed with fall flavors
- Perfectly spiced
- Quick and easy
Keep them covered at room temperature where they will stay fresh for a few days.
Let us know what you think of these vegan pumpkin cookies in the comments and please rate the recipe too!
We’re kind of mad about cookies on this blog, so we have a ton of cookie recipes, but here’s just a few other vegan cookie options!
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Lemon Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
Sign up to our email list and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes as they post to the blog, and you’ll also receive a recipe ebook (entirely free) with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes.
Beautifully soft vegan pumpkin cookies drizzled with a maple glaze. This simple recipe is perfectly spiced and perfect for fall!
For the Pumpkin Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (75g) Pumpkin Purée (Canned or Fresh)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Maple Glaze:
- Add the vegan butter, white sugar and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream them together and then add in the vanilla and pumpkin purée.
- Then add in the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix in by hand (don’t use the electric mixer for this part).
- It will make a thick cookie dough that is a bit wet, a little too wet to roll with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Scoop the cookie dough in roughly 2 Tbsp sized scoops out onto a parchment lined baking tray, aiming for around 20 cookies. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. When you remove them from the oven they will be very soft. Let them cool on the tray before moving them.
- Prepare your maple glaze by mixing up the powdered sugar, maple syrup, soy milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- When the cookies have cooled use a teaspoon to drizzle the maple glaze over the cookies.
*You can substitute almond milk or another non-dairy milk for the soy milk if you prefer.
- Category: Baking, Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (of 20)
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cookies