When researching this recipe, I was trying to find out what pasta alfredo really is!
Is it a cream sauce or a butter and cheese sauce? It seems that traditionally it was a butter and cheese sauce, but it has evolved to become any kind of sauce that is really really creamy and rich.
Whether there is cheese in it or not, butter in it or not, cream in it or not, is not the deciding factor.
Is it a crazy rich super creamy sauce? Then you probably nailed it.
For this vegan alfredo recipe I decided to go with a cheesy garlic alfredo sauce made with coconut milk, garlic and vegan butter for a crazily rich, crazily delicious sauce and some added nutritional yeast and dijon mustard for the cheesy flavor.
This was served with fettucine, lots of black pepper and some fresh parsley.
You only need a very small portion of this vegan alfredo to be entirely satisfied, but that’s not a bad thing is it!
Making this vegan alfredo is so easy, it’s just 30 minutes (actually it’s more like 20) and you have a seriously delicious meal on the table.
Serve with a side salad for something a little lighter to complement the richness of this dish.
You will love this cheesy garlic vegan alfredo! It is:
- Ready in 30-minutes or less
- Deliciously rich and creamy
- Super cheesy
- Garlic infused
- Served with loads of black pepper
If you have any leftovers, keep them in the fridge and enjoy them for lunch the next day.
So let me know your thoughts on this vegan alfredo recipe! If you make it, rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out! Tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so I don’t miss them!
For more delicious pasta recipes, check out:
- Linguine with Garlic Chili Peanut Sauce
- Cheesy Butternut and Sundried Tomato Bake
- Vegan Pesto Pasta with Pan-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Spicy Peanut Pasta with Roasted Butternut and Crispy Tofu
And don’t forget to sign up for our email list – you’ll get a free (awesome) recipe ebook and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes.
Deliciously rich and creamy vegan alfredo, super cheesy, garlic infused and ready in 30 minutes or less! Perfect for an easy and delicious vegan dinner.
For the Fettuccine Alfredo:
- 9 oz (~250g) Fettuccine Pasta*
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour*
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Vegetable Stock/Broth
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup (15g) Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Parsley
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Put the fettuccine on to cook according to package directions, when cooked, drain well and cover. If the pasta starts sticking together, toss with a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the vegan butter to a saucepan along with the crushed garlic and heat until the butter is melted.
- Sift in the flour and fry the flour in the butter briefly. Then add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
- Stir continuously until the sauce begins to boil and then continue stirring until it thickens. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools, so it doesn’t need to be the perfect thickness when you remove it from the heat, but it must have thickened quite a bit from when you started.
- Remove from heat and add in the black pepper, dijon mustard and nutritional yeast and whisk in with your hand whisk. Add sea salt to taste.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked fettuccine and serve with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of black pepper and some vegan parmesan cheese (optional).
*You can use gluten-free pasta to make this meal gluten-free.
*You can switch out the all purpose flour for gluten-free all purpose flour if you prefer.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serving (of 4)
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 244mg
- Fat: 24.3g
- Saturated Fat: 16.2g
- Carbohydrates: 55.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 10.8g
Keywords: vegan alfredo