This vegan pesto pasta with pan-roasted cherry tomatoes is a meal to get excited about. Like very excited.
It’s beyond easy to make, which is always a good thing. You can have this entire meal ready in 30 minutes or less.
And then it’s fun to make too, there’s a few steps involved but all of them are easy, quick and fun.
And the result is a very pretty plate of food! I mean look at those colors! Bright green contrasting with the bright red of those cherry tomatoes.
This recipe is really a must-try. Aside from how quick and easy it is (always big draw cards for me!), there’s also the fact that it is rich, creamy, cheesy, vegan basil pesto sauce and pan-roasted cherry tomatoes over pasta! If that doesn’t sound delicious, I don’t know what does!
Oh my word you do NOT miss the cheese here folks! This is cheesy, dreamy, heavenly vegan goodness right here.
So to make this, all you do is put on your pot of pasta to cook. While that’s cooking, throw your pine nuts into a pan and lightly roast them for 5 minutes.
Then toss the pine nuts into a food processor along with some olive oil, green olives, garlic, nutritional yeast, baby spinach and fresh basil leaves and process into a delicious pesto sauce.
By that time your pasta is cooked and ready to go. So you mix it all in together with your pesto sauce.
Then chop some cherry tomatoes in half and place them into the pan and lightly roast them in the pan for around 5 minutes. Toss them together with your pesto pasta and you’re ready to serve.
See what I mean? This could be done in way under 30 minutes! I’m just rather slow and chat a lot while I’m cooking!
This meal serves 4-6 for a fantastically satisfying, rich and delicious dinner.
If you add a salad, it will easily serve 6!
And of course if you prefer gluten-free, then choose a gluten-free pasta. Any pasta will do, but we’re big fans of penne so penne it is!
You will love this delicious vegan pesto pasta, it is:
All that and it’s pretty too! And then of course, this is a meal that does not need to be served hot at all, so leftovers? Bring it on! Perfect to take to work for lunch the next day!
Questions, comments? Post them down below in the comments section, we’d love to hear from you! And if you happen to make this recipe, let us know how it went! Any photos, please tag them #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can see what you’re making out there! Thanks!
- For the Pesto:
- ⅔ cup (100g) Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup (60ml) Olive Oil
- 10 Green Olives (pitted)
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic
- ⅓ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
- For the Pasta:
- 18oz (500g) Penne Pasta (regular or gluten-free)
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- Put on the pasta to cook according to package instructions.
- While that's cooking, place the pine nuts into a pan and lightly roast them at medium to high heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the pine nuts are nicely roasted, put them into the food processor along with the olive oil, green olives, garlic, nutritional yeast, basil and baby spinach and process into a paste. Add some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half (sliced lengthwise) and place them into the pan and lightly roast them for around 5 minutes.
- Pour the pesto sauce over the cooked, drained pasta and toss together.
- Add the roasted cherry tomatoes and mix in.