This vegan pesto pasta with pan-roasted cherry tomatoes is rich, saucy, cheesy and packed with flavor. Ready in 30 minutes or less.
This vegan pesto pasta with pan-roasted cherry tomatoes is a meal to get excited about. Like very excited.
It’s beyond easy to make, which is always a good thing. You can have this entire meal ready in 30 minutes or less.
And then it’s fun to make too, there’s a few steps involved but all of them are easy, quick and fun.
And the result is a very pretty plate of food! I mean look at those colors.
This recipe is really a must-try. Aside from how quick and easy it is, always big draw cards for me, there’s also the fact that it is rich, creamy and cheesy.
It’s a rich saucy vegan pesto sauce with pan-roasted cherry tomatoes served over pasta. And if that doesn’t sound delicious, I don’t know what does.
And oh my word you do NOT miss the dairy cheese here. This is cheesy, dreamy, heavenly vegan goodness right here.
Also check out our vegan vodka pasta for another quick and easy pasta dinner.
How To Make Vegan Pesto Pasta
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
So to make this, all you do is put on your pot of pasta to cook. While that’s cooking, throw your pine nuts into a pan and lightly roast them for 5 minutes.
Then toss the pine nuts into a food processor along with some olive oil, green olives, garlic, nutritional yeast, baby spinach and fresh basil leaves and process into a delicious pesto sauce.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half (sliced lengthwise) and place them into the pan and lightly roast them for around 5 minutes.
Add cooked pasta to a bowl, pour over the pesto sauce, add the roasted cherry tomatoes and toss together.
And your vegan pesto pasta is ready to serve!
See what I mean? This could be done in even less than 30 minutes! It’s really quick and easy.
This meal serves 4-6 for a fantastically satisfying, rich and delicious dinner.
Make It Gluten Free
Of course if you prefer gluten-free, then simply choose a gluten-free pasta. Any pasta will do, but we’re big fans of penne so penne it is.
This is a meal that does not need to be served hot at all, so leftovers? Bring it on! Keep leftovers stored in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days.
More Vegan Pasta Recipes
- Vegan Pasta Bake
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- The Best Vegan Lasagna
- Classic Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Garlic Vegan Alfredo
- Vegan Bolognese
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Pesto Pasta
For the Pesto:
For the Pasta:
- 16 ounces Penne Pasta (450g) Dry Weight
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- Put on the pasta to cook according to package instructions.
- While that’s cooking, place the pine nuts into a pan and lightly roast them at medium to high heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the pine nuts are nicely roasted, add them to the food processor along with the olive oil, green olives, garlic, nutritional yeast, basil, baby spinach, salt and pepper and process into a pesto. Taste test and add more salt and/or pepper as preferred.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half (sliced lengthwise) and place them into the pan and lightly roast them for around 5 minutes.
- Pour the pesto sauce over the cooked, drained pasta, add the roasted cherry tomatoes and toss together.
- Keep leftovers stored in a covered container in the fridge and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Nutritional information is for 1 serve of 6 including everything, pesto sauce, pasta and pan roasted cherry tomatoes.
- This recipe has been updated with new photos, but the recipe itself is unchanged.