Deliciously creamy raw tomato soup. Made entirely from fresh raw ingredients, this tomato gazpacho is ready in 5 minutes and is as gourmet as it gets.
Yes yes yes! It’s some raw vegan goodness comin’ atcha!
It tastes like heaven on earth, the freshness and flavor of this creamy raw tomato soup simply explodes out of this dish.
Other than making glorious smoothies, making raw vegan soups is a personal favorite.
And it’s a favorite because it’s just so easy! And I’m a big fan of easy.
Here we have a few simple ingredients, you chop them up (any which way, they’re just getting blended anyway), throw ’em in a blender and there you have it.
A thick, creamy delicious tomato gazpacho that’s ideal as an appetizer.
Or, you know, you can just have it in place of a salad anytime you don’t feel like doing too much chewing.
Yep – it is the lazy person’s food. And I relate because sometimes salads just are too much chewing (and also….I’m lazy sometimes).
With just enough spice added to provide the va-va-voom to these fresh ingredients, some cherry tomatoes for garnishing – or to mix in with the soup as well, fresh crunchy cherry tomatoes are just so good – and you have yourself a gourmet starter course.
How To Make It
This is just a summary of the process to go along with the photos, full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Chop up some tomatoes and a red bell pepper and add them to the blender along with some fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Peel and core an avocado and add it to the blender.
- Add in some dried basil, oregano and crushed garlic and blend until smooth.
- Add in sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour the soup into bowls and decorate with some sliced cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of ground black pepper, dried basil and oregano.
- Serve immediately.
Fresh is Best for this Soup
This is a soup that you want to eat right away. I am not one of those who understands the ‘make it now eat it days later’ mentality when it comes to really fresh ingredients.
It just doesn’t work. Fresh, uncooked ingredients oxidize….quickly.
They’re healthiest when they’re freshest and they’re also the most delicious.
I used to make myself raw soups for lunch when I was working in a corporate office. I had already bought myself a blender especially for the office that lived in the office kitchen, and I would just take the ingredients along with me, and blend it up at lunchtime.
Voila! Easy and delicious.
More Delicious Vegan Soups
- Carrot and Avocado Gazpacho
- Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Asparagus Soup
- Vegan Tomato Soup
Creamy Raw Tomato Soup
- Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- Ground Black Pepper
- Sprinkle Dried Basil and Oregano
- Chop the tomatoes and red bell pepper and add to the blender along with the lemon juice.
- Peel and core the avocado and add the avocado to the blender. Add the dried basil, oregano and crushed garlic and blend until smooth.
- Add sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour out into bowls and decorate with sliced cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of ground black pepper, dried basil and oregano.
- Serve immediately.
- This soup should be served immediately for the best tasting results. It doesn't store well because of the freshness of the ingredients.