Honestly I. Can’t. Even.
Everything about this mint cream brownie pie, from how it looks to how it tastes, just blew me away.
I was actually mega impressed with myself for even coming up with this pie in the first place. Well, it took a few misses.
I didn’t quite know what I was going for when I started, which often happens. I love mint – as you know well if you’ve been following this blog – and I knew I wanted to pair it with brownies somehow. I was thinking along the lines of my top deck brownies, but making the topping with coconut cream rather than frosting. However, my first attempts were not a success. Primarily because I thought I could do it without whipping the coconut cream first – and then just freezing it to get a sort of ‘ice cream’ mint topping. Sounds nice in theory but in this case I wasn’t a fan of the result.
So then I made it like this, whipped coconut cream, with added powdered sugar and mint flavoring and suddenly it was WOW.
The pie is still in my fridge as I write this and every time I open the fridge there is this gorgeous creamy mint aroma that is simply delicious!
A note about the beautiful green color! I used green food coloring. I’m a fan! Just 1/4 tsp and I get this gorgeous color.
However, for those of you who are opposed to food coloring, a tsp of spirulina, or barley grass powder will get it green. It won’t be this shade of green, but it will be green. Alternatively, just skip the green color altogether and have a white cream topping that is just as minty tasting. The green coloring adds nothing to the taste, so it can be easily omitted.
Don’t – whatever you do – use spinach or fresh mint to create the green color as the water content of those will make this pie too wet and will ruin your whipped cream texture.
It actually only takes 15 minutes to make this pie. Really. Don’t you just love the no-bake desserts? I sure do.
I topped it off with grated vegan mint chocolate for some added wow factor. If you can’t find vegan mint chocolate, just use ordinary vegan dark chocolate.
You will love this mint cream brownie pie for its:
- Minty flavor
- Perfect blend of sweetness
- Raw Brownie crust
- Beautiful green color
This is one to invite the friends over for. Beautiful to look at and even better to eat!
So what do you think of this mint cream brownie pie? Gorgeous amirite? Comments, questions, post them down below. I always love to hear from you. And if you happen to make this – rate it and let us know how it went! Tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can see what you’re making out there! Thanks so much!
No-Bake Mint Cream Brownie Pie. Raw vegan brownie crust topped with mint cream and grated vegan mint chocolate. Vegan and gluten-free.
- For the Crust:
- 3 cups (~300g) Walnuts
- 1 cup Dates – tightly packed – roughly 12 large pitted dates (180g)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- For the Mint Cream:
- 2 14oz (400ml) Cans Coconut Cream
- 1 cup (125g) Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Mint Extract
- 1/4 tsp Green Food Coloring*
- For the Topping:
- Grated Vegan Mint Chocolate**
- The night before – place the cans of coconut cream into the coldest part of your refrigerator.
- Place the walnuts, dates and cocoa powder into the food processor and process until it starts to clump together into a sticky dough. When you start processing it will initially process into fine crumbs but won’t be sticky. The longer you process, the more the nuts will release their oils and then it will start to stick together in clumps.
- Press this mixture down into a pie dish and then place into the freezer to set.
- Remove the cans of coconut cream from the fridge, being careful not to shake them at all. When you open the can you will see that the cream part has risen to the top. Scoop out only this cream section into a mixing bowl – leaving the water behind. You can throw this out or use it in a smoothie. Repeat with the second can.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer until it reaches whipped cream consistency. For a full step by step tutorial and video, click here: How To Make Vegan Whipped Cream
- When the cream is whipped, add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, mint extract and green food coloring and whip again to mix it all in.
- Scoop this out on top of the brownie pie crust. Place this into the refrigerator (not freezer) to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with grated vegan mint chocolate.
*If you don’t want to use food coloring, you can use a tsp of spirulina or barley grass juice powder. Or just omit this altogether, the flavor would not be affected, only the color.
*If you can’t find vegan mint chocolate, just use plain vegan dark chocolate.
*The prep time of this recipe does not include time spent setting in the fridge.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 479
- Sugar: 24.6g
- Fat: 38g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 7.2g