I always think green smoothies don’t look that great. But looks aside, I can vouch for the fact that this one tastes great!
It’s a simple 5-ingredient recipe that, once you’ve tasted it, you’ll want to return to again and again as your go-to green smoothie recipe.
Even though you can only see spinach, mango and pineapple in there, there are actually 5-ingredients. Hidden in there as well is a frozen banana and some coconut water.
The result is sweet delicious perfection.
It goes down super easy and you’re getting a heap of fruit and veg in. I’ve never understood the difficulty with getting your 5-a-day, if you like a good green smoothie, you can knock that out of the park at breakfast!
I used half a big bag of baby spinach in this smoothie and if you are new to green smoothies, I recommend you follow the recipe exactly. However, if you’re quite accustomed to some greens with your fruit, then you could easily double this to get more greens in while still keeping the smoothie utterly delicious.
It’s just best to start off with slightly less greens (as you can see though, it’s not exactly a small amount!) until your palate adjusts to more greens.
You will love this delicious green smoothie, it is:
- Perfectly sweet
- Easily drinkable
Since it’s using only fresh ingredients, it’s best to drink right away and not to make in advance as ingredients will oxidize. It’s best and most delicious when freshest.
What do you think of this delicious green smoothie? Are you already an old hand at green smoothies? Will you be giving this one a try? Let us know in the comments. And if you’ve made the recipe please rate it too.
For more gorgeous smoothies and juices check out these recipes:
- Blended Green Juice Recipe
- Apple Carrot Celery and Kale Juice
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Sign up to our email list so you can get an awesome free recipe ebook as well as stay updated with all our latest recipe posts so you never miss a thing!Print
Deliciously drinkable pineapple and mango green smoothie. This fruity and refreshing drink is ideal for breakfast and it’s raw, vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 and 1/4 cups (7oz/200g) Mango, fresh or frozen (if using fresh, about 1 large mango)
- 1 and 1/4 cups (7oz/200g) Pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1 Frozen Banana (3.5oz/100g)
- 1 cup (240ml) Coconut Water
- 3 and 1/3 cups (3.5oz/100g) Baby Spinach*
- Add all ingredients to the blender jug starting with the coconut water, then the spinach, then frozen banana, then mango and pineapple and blend until very smooth.
- Drink immediately for optimal deliciousness.
*You can use more or less spinach as you desire.
*This makes a BIG smoothie, so you can share it between two if you prefer a smaller portion.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 65.5g
- Sodium: 333mg
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 91.5g
- Fiber: 13.6g
- Protein: 7.9g