Creamy and smooth kale smoothie that tastes like a delicious ice-cold milkshake! Even if you hate greens you will love this smoothie!
The color of this kale smoothie is totally gorgeous don’t you think?
I am in love with it. Pale green and so pretty.
It’s also double-thick and ultimately delicious. So if you’re a smoothie fan, this might well be your new fave!
This recipe is super simple, as expected really because it’s a smoothie.
But every ingredient works together like a dream and the flavor is divine.
How To Make A Kale Smoothie
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Add soy milk to your blender jug and then some frozen bananas, cashews, kale, dates, minced ginger, cinnamon and fresh lime juice.
- Top with some ice cubes and blend until very smooth.
- Pour out into glasses and serve.
Soy Milk: We used soy milk but you can really use any plant milk, almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, all spring to mind as good options.
Frozen Banana: This smoothie is ultra creamy and that comes from frozen banana which is always a winner in smoothie recipes and creates creaminess and an ‘ice-cream’ texture for this smoothie. It’s always a good idea to freeze any excess ripe bananas that you have on hand so you can be ready to make smoothies. Just peel the bananas and cut or break them into quarters and freeze them in freezer bags.
Raw Cashews: The cashews provide heaps more creaminess in this smoothie. So really, this is creaminess to the extreme! Of course if you have a cashew allergy, omit them or switch up for something else like macadamias.
Kale: We have kale – of course, it’s a kale smoothie but that being said, if you love this smoothie recipe, feel free to mix it up and use spinach on occasion if that’s what you have on hand.
Dates: We have a couple of dates for extra sweetness, but if you don’t have any dates on hand, a little maple syrup (1-2 Tbsp) will also do great.
Minced ginger: Seriously, the minced ginger is the winning ingredient here, it gives this such a pop of flavor and blends so well with the other ingredients.
If you ever go to a juice bar, there are always heaps of juice options that contain ginger, this is because ginger goes so well with juices and smoothies! So unless you hate ginger or something, don’t skip the ginger in this smoothie! It’s super good.
Make it and serve it right away, this isn’t something that will keep as the fresh ingredients will oxidize, so definitely consume it right away for the most delicious flavor and freshness.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Vegan Coffee Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Pineapple and Mango Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
- 1 ¼ cups Soy Milk (300ml) or Almond Milk
- 2 Frozen Bananas (200g) previously peeled, broken into quarters and frozen for at least 12 hours
- ½ cup Raw Cashews (75g)
- 2 cups Kale (56g) Torn up, packed
- 4 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Add the soy milk to your blender jug and then the frozen bananas, cashews, kale, dates, minced ginger, cinnamon and fresh lime juice. Top with ice cubes.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour out into glasses and serve immediately.
- If you can’t get medjool dates switch it out for any variety of pitted dates. Medjool dates work well here as they are nice and soft so blend easily.
- This recipe was first published in August 2018.