The color of this kale smoothie is totally gorgeous don’t you think?
I am in love with it. Pale green and so pretty.
It’s also double-thick and ultimately delicious. So if you’re a smoothie fan, this might well be your new fave!
This recipe is super simple, as expected really because it’s a smoothie not a fancy entree!
But every ingredient in this smoothie works wonderfully and the flavor is simply divine.
This smoothie is ultra creamy and that comes from frozen banana (always a winner in smoothie recipes) which creates creaminess and an ‘ice-cream’ texture for this smoothie, and then we also have cashews providing heaps more creaminess. So really, this is creaminess to the extreme!
We have kale (of course, it’s a kale smoothie), a couple of dates for extra sweetness, a little cinnamon, fresh lime and some minced ginger. Seriously, the minced ginger is the winning ingredient here, it gives this such a pop of flavor and blends so well with the other ingredients.
If you ever go to a juice bar, there are always heaps of juice options that contain ginger, this is because ginger goes so well with juices and smoothies! So unless you hate ginger or something, don’t skip the ginger in this smoothie! It’s super good.
So I hope you’ll love this vegan kale smoothie, it is:
- Kinda like a delicious milkshake!
Make it and serve it right away, this isn’t something that will keep as the fresh ingredients will oxidize, so definitely consume it right away for the most delicious flavor and freshness.
So what do you think of this kale smoothie? Let us know in the comments and please rate the recipe, thank you!
For more delicious smoothie recipes, check out these recipes:
- Pineapple and Mango Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous ebook containing 10 vegan dinner recipes! You’ll also be the first to know whenever new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Creamy and smooth kale smoothie with a gorgeous pale green color that tastes like a delicious ice-cold milkshake! Even if you hate greens you will love this smoothie!
- 1 and 1/4 cups (300ml) Soy Milk (or sub almond milk)
- 2 Frozen Bananas (~200g, previously peeled, broken into quarters and frozen for at least 12 hours)
- 1/2 cup (75g) Cashews
- 2 cups (56g) Kale (torn up, packed)
- 4 Medjool Dates (pitted)*
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Add the soy milk to your blender jug and then the frozen bananas, cashews, kale, dates, minced ginger, cinnamon and fresh lime juice. Top with ice cubes.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour out into glasses and serve.
*If you can’t get medjool dates switch it out for any variety of pitted dates. Medjool dates work well here as they are nice and soft so blend easily.
- Category: Drinks, Breakfast, Smoothie, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Smoothie (of 2)
- Calories: 373
- Sugar: 15.2g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 19.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 42.6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 13.8g
Keywords: kale smoothie, vegan kale smoothie