Creamy vegan caesar dressing that is ready in 5 minutes! Super simple, cheesy, garlicky and perfect as a dressing or dip.
I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to describe this vegan caesar dressing, because one of the words that comes to mind doesn’t sound super appealing, yet this dressing is totally delicious!
But really, when you want to be accurate about how it tastes, words like ‘cheesy’, ‘garlicky’ and ‘fishy’ come to mind.
I mean okay ‘cheesy’ and ‘garlicky’ are all well and good but I’m thinking ‘fishy’ isn’t the best word to use to describe something vegan! But it’s ‘fishy’ in the way seaweed is fishy, there’s nothing actually fishy in here but the taste is there. In a good way!
Traditionally a caesar dressing uses anchovies and parmesan, and garlic of course to create those flavors. We went with nutritional yeast, some capers and crushed garlic! And it worked like a charm.
This vegan caesar dressing is so delicious, you’ll want to put it on everything, not just your vegan caesar salad (though you definitely want to put it on that).
How To Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
Making it is a breeze, it’s just a case of throwing the ingredients into a jug and blending it up with an immersion blender. Or alternatively, throw it all into the jug of your regular blender and blend it up like that.
You do need to blend (as opposed to just whisking everything together) because of those capers. Blending is the easiest way to get those capers nicely mixed in.
Vegan mayonnaise creates the base of this recipe and to that you add dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, crushed garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, olive oil, white vinegar and capers!
The result is sensational! It will jazz up any salad to the max and also would make a great dip for chips!
Keep leftovers stored in the fridge where it will stay good for up to 5 days.
It’s not ideal for freezing.
More Vegan Salad Dressings
- Tahini Salad Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Cashew Dressing
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- Vegan Thousand Island Dressing
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Caesar Dressing (5 Minutes)
- Add all the ingredients to a measuring jug and blend up with an immersion blender.
- Alternatively add all ingredients to blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Serve as a dressing for a vegan caesar salad or any salad, or as a dip.
- Use a gluten-free soy sauce or switch for tamari if you want this dressing to be gluten-free.
- This is delicious served with our vegan caesar salad. But it’s also great as a dressing for any salad, or served as a dip.
- Keep leftovers stored in the fridge where it will stay good for up to 5 days.