Delicious vegan caesar salad packed with crispy croutons and topped with a creamy vegan caesar dressing. Rich and satisfying.
There’s something about a caesar salad that just looks so inviting and this vegan caesar salad is no exception.
I’m thinking it’s the croutons! Not to mention that creamy cheesy dressing!
Crispy bread and a creamy cheesy sauce in a salad. Now that’s a salad that everyone can get behind.
The croutons are really the core part of a vegan caesar salad. The other ingredients are just romaine lettuce, some chopped parsley, and vegan parmesan cheese.
And of course you have to have that creamy perfect vegan caesar dressing too, but the base salad is just the croutons, romaine, parsley and vegan parmesan.
So you need perfect croutons, basically.
How to make perfect croutons for a vegan caesar salad
Making your own croutons is super easy. Though of course if you want to go with a store-bought version, this is totally cool too.
But to make them yourself you just need half a loaf of nice sturdy bread, preferably a little on the stale side. Chop it into squares, toss it in some olive oil, dried basil and oregano and a little salt and lay the squares out evenly on a parchment lined tray.
Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes (turning over halfway through) until perfectly crispy. If they’re not super crispy after 15 minutes, leave them in for a little bit longer. You want them nice and crispy so that they hold up in the salad well, and don’t get soggy.
Toss the croutons up in a big bowl with your chopped romaine and parsley, throw in some vegan parmesan, mix up your vegan caesar dressing and you’re ready to serve a deliciously impressive salad.
If you think there are going to be leftovers, then only add dressing to the portions that are being served right away. Once the salad has been dressed it won’t keep well because of the tendency for the croutons to become soggy if you leave them too long.
You will love this vegan caesar salad, it is:
- Super easy
- Packed with crispy croutons
- Topped with a creamy caesar dressing
- Rich and satisfying
Serve right away for the most delicious results with this salad.
More vegan salad recipes!
- Vegan Kale Salad
- Vegan Couscous Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
So let us know what you think of this vegan caesar salad in the comments! And please rate the recipe too. Thanks!
Sign up to our email list for an awesome 10 recipe ebook containing delicious vegan dinner recipes and to be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.
Vegan Caesar Salad
For the Homemade Croutons:
For the Salad:
- 1 Large Head Romaine Lettuce Finely chopped
- 1 cup Parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 Recipe Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the bread into squares. Add the olive oil, salt, oregano and basil to a large bowl. Add in the bread cubes and toss so that they are all lightly coated. Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray. Drizzle on a little extra olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning over once halfway. If the croutons are not yet crispy enough after 15 minutes, leave them in for a few minutes longer.
- While the croutons are baking, chop up your romaine lettuce and parsley and add to a salad bowl with the vegan parmesan cheese.
- When the croutons are nice and crispy, add them to the salad bowl and toss together. Serve in a salad bowl or on a salad platter, topped with vegan caesar dressing.
- If you prefer not to make your own croutons, you can just use a store-bought variety. The quantity does not have to be exact for this recipe, so you could just eyeball it for the right amount of croutons for the salad if you are going with a store-bought option.
- Nutritional information is for the salad only and does not include the vegan caesar dressing. Nutritional information for the dressing can be found on that separate linked recipe.