This vegan kale salad is massively delicious and ridiculously healthy too!
So it’s the best of everything, heaps of nutrients and fiber and all that good stuff in a super tasty package! No hardship to eat salad when it’s this good!
If you’re not a huge kale person, you might be wondering how eating raw kale in a salad can possibly be delicious. But it is! There is a trick to it though.
The trick is massaging the kale. It only takes a minute of massaging the raw kale leaves with some lemon juice, salt and olive oil to have it go from how it looks in the first picture above to how it looks in the second picture.
Massaging the kale breaks down those tough fibers making the kale almost like it’s been cooked, except it’s still raw and still retaining all that raw goodness, but making it entirely edible and super delicious.
Joining the kale in this salad is some quinoa to make it really hearty and filling, some cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, olives, walnuts and avocado!
And then it’s topped with the ever delicious tahini salad dressing! A bit of cilantro and fresh lemon to style things up and you have a seriously impressive salad that’s more than a side, it can easily be the main course!
So I really think you are going to love this vegan kale salad! It is:
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge, ideally if you think there will be leftovers then don’t mix avocado into the salad, just add avocado to the portions you serve, and then you can add fresh avocado to the leftovers when you have them the next day.
So what do you think of this vegan kale salad? Let us know in the comments! And please do rate the recipe too, thanks!
For more delicious vegan salad recipes, look no further than these awesome recipes:
Sign up to our email list before you go, you’ll get an awesome free ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Fresh and colorful vegan kale salad with quinoa and a delicious tahini dressing. This hearty and filling salad can easily be a main course. Gluten-Free.
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup (170g) Quinoa (Dry)
- 2 cups (480ml) Water
For the Kale:
- 5 cups (5oz/141g) Kale, Stems Removed (packed cups)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
For the Salad:
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes (sliced)
- 10 Pitted Olives (sliced in half)
- 15 Walnuts (chopped)
For the Dressing:
- 1 Batch Tahini Salad Dressing
- 1–2 Avocados (Sliced)
- Place the quinoa and water into a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed (~15 mins). Once cooked, fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add your kale (stems removed) to a big bowl. Add in the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and massage with your hands for around a minute. You will feel the kale fibers soften and break down, creating a nice soft edible kale.
- Prepare the other salad ingredients, except the avocado and then toss together in a bowl with the kale and toss together.
- When the quinoa is cooked add it to the bowl and toss together.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking together as per the linked recipe.
- Serve in a salad bowl or salad platter topped with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro and topped with tahini dressing.
*This recipe serves 4 if it’s a main course and 8 as an appetizer/side.
*Nutritional information is for salad only (including cilantro and sliced avocado) and does not include the tahini salad dressing. Nutritional information for the dressing is available on the linked recipe.
- Category: Salad, Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Entree, Savory
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Fat: 24.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Protein: 11.6g
Keywords: vegan kale salad