I was soooo thrilled with this vegan ranch dressing!
It turned a simple snack of carrot and celery sticks into a gourmet treat!
In fact after tucking into those it awakened a serious desire for some (ever so slightly) less healthy potato chips that I sent Jaye off to the store to get because the ranch dressing was so good that I wanted to eat ALL of the rest of it with some potato chips!
So whether you’re going to eat it with carrot and celery sticks or potato chips or pour it over salad, you’re just going to love it, that I am very sure about!
A classic ranch dressing uses mayonnaise, buttermilk and fresh herbs and flavorings, so for the vegan version, a vegan mayonnaise, vegan buttermilk made with some lemon juice and non-dairy milk, fresh herbs and flavorings was all that was needed for a totally delicious vegan ranch dressing. And really, no one would be able to tell the difference!
It’s a simple 10-ingredient recipe and the fresh herbs are some chopped parsley and chives and the dried herbs are some dried dill, which is something we fell in love with when we made our vegan tzatziki!
Crushed garlic, sea salt, black pepper, a little cayenne pepper, and some white vinegar round the flavors out to perfection and you have a dressing that you will just want to use on everything!
You will love this vegan ranch dressing! It is:
- Super simple
- Exactly like the ‘real thing’
- Fabulous on everything!
- Able to turn raw veggies into a gourmet treat!
Keep it in an airtight jar in the fridge and consume within a few days.
What do you think of this homemade vegan ranch dressing? Let us know in the comments and please also rate the recipe when you do! Thank you!
For some awesome salads and dressings, check out these recipes:
- Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Basil and Chive Cashew Cream
- Quinoa Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing
- Zucchini Noodles with Tahini Sauce
- Roasted Butternut and Avocado Salad
Sign up to our email list for an awesome free recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipe posts!Print
Super simple 10-ingredient vegan ranch dressing that really delivers on flavor! Ultra creamy and exactly like the ‘real thing’ this vegan ranch is totally divine on everything and can turn a simple snack of carrot and celery sticks into a gourmet treat!
- Add the mayonnaise to a bowl.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and add 1 tsp to a measuring jug and then add soy milk up to the 1/4 cup line and mix it up. It will curdle into buttermilk. Add it in to the bowl with the mayonnaise.
- Add the dried dill, fresh chopped parsley, chives, crushed garlic, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and white vinegar and mix everything in together.
- Serve with fresh chopped vegetables or chips as a dip, over salads as a dressing, or as a spread on sandwiches and inside wraps.
*You can switch soy milk for almond milk when making the vegan buttermilk if you prefer.
*White vinegar is really the winning ticket here, you really won’t believe how much flavor it creates! If you want to switch this for apple cider vinegar you can go ahead, but flavor wise, white vinegar is really the winner.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 206mg
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbohydrates: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.2g