This vegan cauliflower soup is so creamy even I was surprised.
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable. When you blend it up it has such a hearty creamy texture, similar to potatoes, yet it’s much lighter than potatoes.
This is a soup you’ll love even if you’re not a massive fan of cauliflower.
It’s a super simple 8-ingredient recipe that is also so easy to make.
How to make vegan cauliflower soup
Throw some onions, garlic and olive oil in the pot with some dried thyme and rosemary and sauté until the onions are softened.
Then add in some chopped cauliflower (we used a whole large head of cauliflower) and vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pot and leave to simmer until the cauliflower is soft.
Blend with an immersion blender until deliciously smooth.
Add salt and pepper as needed and enjoy!
The best way to get your cauliflower prepared is to place the whole head of cauliflower into a big bowl. Pour over boiling water from the kettle and add some salt. Leave it to soak for a few minutes and then drain the water and chop it up.
This makes sure it’s properly cleaned in a way that running it under the tap won’t do.
As you can see from the photos, this is a thick and creamy soup. If you prefer your soups to be thinner you could add a bit more vegetable stock to this recipe, but I was very happy with the texture.
It’s surprising really because you think of cauliflower as being a high water content vegetable, which it is, yet it also can create such a rich and creamy texture when blended up like this.
If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer the soup in stages to your regular blender jug and blend it and then return to the pot.
Serve it with some ground black pepper and a sprig of fresh thyme for restaurant worthy good looks.
I really hope you’ll love this vegan cauliflower soup! It is:
- Ultra creamy
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for a few days and can be reheated and enjoyed.
For more delicious vegan soup recipes, check out these great recipes:
- Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
- Vegan Carrot Soup
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Let us know what you think of this vegan cauliflower soup in the comments and please rate the recipe too, thank you!
Sign up to our email list before you go, you’ll get an awesome (free!) recipe ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Ultra creamy vegan cauliflower soup. This 8-ingredient soup is hearty, comforting and filling. Easy and delicious recipe that comes out great every time.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower (chopped)*
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Add the olive oil, onion, crushed garlic, thyme and rosemary to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the cauliflower and toss up with the spices. Then add in the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the cauliflower is softened.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender then transfer to a blender jug in stages and blend until smooth then return to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of ground black pepper and a sprig of fresh thyme.
*You can use two small heads of cauliflower if you can’t find one large one. The size of the cauliflower isn’t super important, if you use less cauliflower it will just result in a slightly thinner soup.
- Category: Appetizer, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 308mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup