These vegan coconut cookies have all the coconut flavor you could dream of! Coconut flavor, coconut texture, coconut bliss!
They’re soft and chewy, fabulously moist and so easy to make you can throw together a batch of these with barely any notice at all!
An easy 15 minutes to prep these cookies and just 12 minutes to bake them, so you can have a tray of warm and delicious cookies in your kitchen in less than 30 minutes!
The only ingredient you might not already have is coconut extract. This isn’t the most common ingredient but when I saw some at the baking store I had to get it.
You can buy coconut extract from Amazon too, if that’s easiest for you.
Alternatively, you can leave it out and replace it with some more vanilla extract. I think coconut extract is a great add to these cookies and really helps that coconut flavor to pop, but it’s not crucial. We’re adding in 1 and a 1/3 cups of actual dessicated coconut to these! So the coconut flavor and texture is there, even if the flavor isn’t as strong without coconut extract.
Dessicated coconut is the best coconut to use in these cookies because it’s nice and fine but still provides all that coconut flavor and texture.
I don’t think coconut flakes or shredded coconut would work as well as dessicated coconut, as coconut flakes are too large in size to mix in well with the cookie dough, and shredded coconut contains too much moisture so the whole recipe may need adjusting to compensate if you used that.
These cookies spread beautifully on their own and I just rolled them into balls and baked them. But if you tend to have an issue with your cookies not spreading, then you can flatten them with a fork before they go into the oven.
I used a little soy milk for the non-dairy milk part of this recipe, but of course you could switch this for coconut milk.
I am also wondering if coconut sugar might work well here, but I just used regular white sugar. I do love the flavor of coconut sugar, but the color is dark so it would affect the color of these cookies.
But let us know if you do try these with coconut sugar and how it works out if you do!
So I think you are going to just love these vegan coconut cookies! They are:
- Packed with coconut flavor and texture
- Super easy
Store them in a sealed container at room temperature where they will stay fresh for up to a week.
So what are your thoughts on these vegan coconut cookies? Let us know in the comments and please rate the recipe too. Thanks!
For more delicious vegan cookies check out these recipes:
- Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Sign up to our email list before you go, you’ll get an awesome free recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.
Soft, moist and buttery vegan coconut cookies packed with coconut flavor and texture! Super easy recipe ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Add the vegan butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream together. Add in the vanilla and coconut extract and mix in.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and desssicated coconut to a bowl and mix together and then add all of the dry ingredients in with the butter and sugar mix and mix together by hand (don’t use the electric mixer for this part) until crumbly.
- Add in soy milk and mix together into a thick cookie dough that can easily be rolled into balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Aim for 20 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The edges will be firm and set but they will still be very soft in the middle. This is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
*Depending on the brand of vegan butter you use, it could be that you need a little more or less soy milk so play it by ear, don’t add all of it in at once, start with 2 or 3 Tbsp and then add more until you get to a consistency where you can roll the cookie dough into balls. I used 4 Tbsp but you may need more if you use a hard vegan butter (less water content) or possibly less if you’re using a vegan buttery spread that has a higher water content than the one I used.
- Category: Baking, Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (of 20)
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.2g
Keywords: vegan coconut cookies