Ever since making our vegan chocolate cupcakes I’ve had cupcakes on my mind!
I couldn’t wait to make more! So I decided to make these gorgeous vegan vanilla cupcakes with strawberry vanilla frosting!
And they came out so well!
I was especially thrilled with the frosting. I wasn’t sure how it would work out to use strawberry flavoring, but it did the job incredibly well and provided the most beautiful pale pink color, and the flavor was awesome. Reminded Jaye of a strawberry milkshake!
Cupcakes are so easy they’re my new favorite thing. So much easier than full cakes (though I love making cakes!), because they bake in less time and you don’t have to grease cake tins!
The only tricky part for me was in transferring the batter to the cupcake liners, my first batch of cupcakes was very messy, until I figured out that the best method was to transfer the batter to a jug with a pouring nozzle and pour it neatly into each cupcake liner.
Messiness problem solved.
The great thing about these cupcakes is that the flavors are so mild and blend so beautifully together. You’ve got the light flavors of vanilla blending with the sweet scented flavors of strawberries.
The texture of these vanilla cupcakes is also perfectly light and spongey.
You’ll love these cupcakes for their beautiful color, light and spongey texture and blend of flavors.
Decorate them with some fresh chopped strawberries if you’re serving them right away. If you want to keep them (they keep very well in a covered cake container in the fridge for up to a week), then don’t use fresh fruit for decoration as the strawberries will run and the cakes will become soggy.
Alternatively decorate with vegan sprinkles or dried coconut.
So let me know what you think of these gorgeous vegan vanilla cupcakes in the comments and please rate the recipe too!
For more fabulous vegan cupcake recipes, check out these great options:
- Vegan Lemon Cupcakes
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
- Vegan Peppermint Cupcakes
- Vegan Banana Cupcakes
Sign up to our email list while you’re here! You’ll get an awesome free recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog!Print
Gorgeously light and spongey vegan vanilla cupcakes topped with creamy strawberry vanilla frosting. Perfect little packages of yum!
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp (10ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) White Vinegar
Strawberry Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 3 cups (375g) Powdered (confectioners) Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Strawberry Flavoring
- Fresh Sliced Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius) and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the soy milk, vanilla extract , olive oil and white vinegar.
- Mix in thoroughly, using a hand whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Pour the batter into a jug that allows for easy pouring and pour evenly into the 12 cupcake liners, ensuring that all the batter is used up.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check the cupcakes at 20 minutes and if a toothpick inserted into the center doesn’t come out clean, then put them back in for a further 5 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by adding the vegan butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and strawberry flavoring to an electric mixer bowl. Begin mixing on low speed, gradually increasing speed until you have perfectly smooth frosting.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry slices before serving (optional).
*Recipe adapted from my Vegan Vanilla Cake.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake (of 12)
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 47.9g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 62.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.4g
Keywords: vegan vanilla cupcakes