This vegan zucchini soup is ultra creamy, rich and delicious. It’s also super simple to make with easy ingredients. Ready in 30 minutes.
So I was sceptical about this vegan zucchini soup.
I freely admit I thought it might be weird to have a soup made out of zucchini. I was so very wrong.
Zucchini in a soup is a terrific idea. The resulting soup is so creamy and delicious you’ll want to make it often.
And you know what else is great? It’s ready in around 30 minutes from start to finish.
It’s a super simple 9-ingredient recipe (excluding salt and pepper) requiring minimal preparation.
How To Make Vegan Zucchini Soup
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Add olive oil, chopped onions, crushed garlic, dried basil, thyme and rosemary to a pot on medium heat and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add sliced zucchini and toss with the onions and spices.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the zucchinis are soft and cooked.
- Blend the soup directly in the pot with an immersion blender, or by transferring it in stages to a blender jug, blending until smooth, and then returning it all to the pot when blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and your soup is ready to serve.
I found the cooking time to be really fast, my zucchinis were soft and cooked in about 10 minutes. But when Jaye re-tested the recipe he cooked it in a different pot and it took a bit longer (15 minutes).
So your timing could be a little different, so just keep an eye on it and when the zucchinis are soft, it’s done.
We have been getting some awesome vegan parmesan cheese made by a company called Violife. And a bit of this grated up over the top with a sprinkle of black pepper and a sprig of fresh thyme was divine.
A sprinkle of homemade vegan parmesan cheese would also be great!
But honestly it doesn’t need any fancying up. It’s really great as is. If you like serving soup with bread, then this is also a great soup for dipping. Try our vegan soda bread or vegan beer bread if you’re in the mood for baking up a fresh loaf.
Storing and Freezing
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be reheated in the microwave or on the stove. It’s also freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
More Vegan Zucchini Recipes
- Vegan Zucchini Fritters
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Vegan Zucchini Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Zucchini Soup
For Serving (Optional):
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Thyme
- Add the olive oil, chopped onions, crushed garlic, dried basil, thyme and rosemary to a pot on medium heat and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the sliced zucchini and toss with the onions and spices.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the zucchinis are soft and cooked.
- Blend up with an immersion blender if you have one or by transferring in stages to a blender jug and blending until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with vegan parmesan, ground black pepper and fresh thyme.
- Zucchinis – this amount of zucchinis is 3-4 large, 5-6 medium or 9-10 small. They are also called courgettes in some parts of the world.
- Coconut cream – can be switched for canned, full fat, unsweetened coconut milk.
- Leftovers – this soup keeps very well in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be reheated in the microwave or on the stove. It’s also freezer friendly for up to 3 months.