This creamy vegan pea soup is vibrant, colorful, high in protein and fiber and makes a wonderful appetizer. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
This vegan pea soup is one of the easiest and quickest soups to make.
It can be ready in around 25 minutes, including all your ingredients prep and blending it too.
It’s wonderfully creamy and high in protein and it’s such a pretty shade of bright green.
This vegan pea soup is not to be confused with vegan split pea soup, we have a recipe for that too, but that is very different.
This recipe uses frozen peas for an ultra quick but super delicious and nutritious meal.
When I was thinking about how to make this soup I was wondering if it would end up too thin, since I didn’t have any plans to use anything to thicken it up like potatoes or anything like that.
But really, I had nothing to worry about, the end result is thick enough and certainly creamy enough.
How To Make Vegan Pea Soup
Add chopped onions and garlic to a pot with some olive oil, dried thyme and oregano and sauté until softened.
Then add in frozen peas, vegetable stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil and cook until the peas are firm but tender.
Blend with an immersion blender directly in the pot. If you don’t have an immersion blender then transfer to a blender jug in stages and blend it up and then return it to the pot.
Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
How To Serve It
Serve the soup with a swirl of coconut cream on the top and a sprinkle of ground black pepper.
It’s also perfect to serve this with some ciabatta on the side but really any bread for dipping will do great. This is a perfect soup for dipping so some bread on the side is a great idea.
Storing and Freezing
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge and can be reheated the next day and will also keep in the fridge up to 4 days. This also freezes well for up to 3 months.
More Vegan Soup Recipes!
Our vegan lentil soup is super high in protein and so creamy you can hardly believe that there is no cream in it whatsoever, and our vegan butternut squash soup is made with roasted butternut and is creamy perfection.
Vegan Pea Soup
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion, garlic, thyme and oregano and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the frozen peas and toss up with the onions and spices.
- Add in the vegetable stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Cook until the peas are firm but tender.
- Blend up the soup ideally using an immersion (handheld) blender or by transferring the soup in stages to the blender jug and blending it and then return it to the pot.
- Add sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut cream and a sprinkle of ground black pepper (optional).
- You can use canned, full fat, unsweetened coconut milk instead of coconut cream but your soup will be a little bit thinner.